Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Best Moderately Acclaimed Album 2: Round 2.3

Division 1:
Tubeway Army - Replicas

Division 2:
Brian Eno - Taking Tiger Mountain (By Strategy)

Two huge songs on each album; "Fat Lady of Limbourg" and "The Man Who Sold The World". Other than that I'm not really into any of these albums, but I have different feelings about them. While "Taking Tiger Mountain" has growing potential, "The Man Who Sold The World" lacks the melodies to be enjoyed by others than hardcore Bowie fans.

Division 3:
Marillion - Misplaced Childhood

Division 4:
Julee Cruise - Floating Into The Night

I don't understand why this album doesn't appeal to more people. Everyone (well, except Nassim probably) loves the music from Twin Peaks and this albums is the consummate Badalamenti/Lynch/Cruise experience. Should it not be up there with other mood-records such as "Astral Weeks" or "Loveless"?

Re: Best Moderately Acclaimed Album 2: Round 2.3

There are three ties and one with a large margin, with twelve minutes left, so no reason not to close it now.

Benga beats Cassandra Wilson 5-4

The Fall - Hex Enduction Hour vs
Laika - Sounds Of The Satellites

Still tied

We're going to try an experimental tiebreaker now, to try to favor the album that more people feel more strongly about.

Two albums, if still tied after a one week extension, will have a re-vote. Only, in this re-vote, everybody has ten points to use for the entire tournament. You can use any number of those points. If you vote, and your pick wins, you lose your points, and if your pick loses, you get your points back.

Please send any experimental tiebreaker votes to AMModeratePoll@gmail.com (So people who vote earlier aren't at a disadvantage) (And yes, I will decide whether to vote before checking other peoples' votes).

This week's matches:

Tubeway Army - Replicas 4 TIED WITH
Queen - Sheer Heart Attack 4

Brian Eno - Taking Tiger Mountain 6 def
David Bowie - The Man Who Sold The World 3

Pere Ubu - Dub Housing 3 TIED WITH
Marillion - Misplaced Childhood 3

The Associates - Fourth Drawer Down 3 TIED WITH
Julee Cruise - Floating Into The Night 3

Those three will be open one more week. If they are still tied, experimental tiebreaker.