Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 01/11/2010 : MEGA-CRITIC : Best Reviewed Albums Of 2010 So Far (With Competition)

Ddiamondd
It's just so flimsy at the start.
I hope you're not referring to the wonderful "Earthquake".

Re: 01/11/2010 : MEGA-CRITIC : Best Reviewed Albums Of 2010 So Far (With Competition)

Henrik
Ddiamondd
It's just so flimsy at the start.
I hope you're not referring to the wonderful "Earthquake".

No, more tracks like Sailing do very little for me indeed.

Personally, I find the middle run is super strong and the closing track gorgeous. The rest I can take or leave. Bit of a shame.

And yes Harold: give me an albums worth of tracks like Nothing Ever Happened, Twilight At Carbon Lake, Never Stops, Desire Lines, Helicopter, Saved By Old Times etc and it'd be mindblowingly good.

Maybe I need to check out the allegedly visceral sounds of Cryptograms. I'm listening to Logos now for the first time, and liking it, but it does seem like Cox is moving away from the propulsive rhythms and captivating hooks that make half of Deerhunter's output so damn strong.

Ddiamondd
I find it a tad incredulous that Halcyon Digest can leapfrog the likes of Big Boi and The National. It's just so flimsy at the start.

I find it a tad incredible that you don't know what "incredulous" means.

Scott
Ddiamondd
I find it a tad incredulous that Halcyon Digest can leapfrog the likes of Big Boi and The National. It's just so flimsy at the start.

I find it a tad incredible that you don't know what "incredulous" means.

Yeah good point, haha

It's pretty obvious which album is going to be the highest new entry, so it's really a matter of guessing position.

BillAdama
It's pretty obvious which album is going to be the highest new entry, so it's really a matter of guessing position.

Are we talking about the gentleman whose last name is a color (out today), or the one whose last name is a geographical direction (out closer to the end of the month)?

I was talking about the latter, but now that you mention it, the former also has a shot.

Though I'd bet on Kanye doing better in the EU camp.

I wouldn't give up on the Kid that quick. I think he has a shot too

I'm saying Yeezy no.1 with a bullet.

West at 4.

Cee-Lo Green at #8.

Kanye West at 2.

Kanye West goes straight to number 1

I'll just go with Kanye at 10.

That Kanye does well in the US third is clear. How well he does in the UK and EU two thirds is not.

Kanye at number 7. Sounds about right.

Kanye at 6.

Just a random punt.

I think I posted something like Kanye at 12 a couple of days ago.

No way that's going to happen though...

# 22 Shakira - Sale el sol

Kanye West! number 3. eventually to number 1 but 3 for now

I think I said Kanye at 12 somewhere else.

No chance, but well...