The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Exhaust tappet query

Thank you for the replies.

Yes I was talking about the followers, that's my bad description, apologies.

As I have one original inlet follower which wasn't badly worn it has been difficult to compare the faces.

From the links that Mark has posted, my NOS exhaust looks more like his inlet ones in that the "foot" overall looks slimmer in thickness (from radius to foot) and partially ground near the radius. The confusing part is my inlet one looks more like Marks exhaust one!

When looking at the foot of my NOS one it does look shiny and ground on the foot face. It arrived covered in grease and paper.

I guess I will have to purchase another from a different source and fit both New ones, even if it does mean potentially fitting 2 exhaust ones!

Thanks again

Adam

If you can send me a clear photograph of both off forum I may be able to clear it up...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

There would be no harm in fitting the exhaust follower to both, it fact to me it would be a better way to do it.
Unless I get corrected.

Mark

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

Ian,

Email with pictures sent, thank you for the assistance.

Mark,

I would agree, I can't think of a reason why 2 exhaust cam followers would cause a negative effect. This may well be the direction I take.

Many thanks for the input

Adam

To wrap this up, I sourced an exhaust one from Russell Motors while placing an order for some other parts, looks more like the pictures i have seen, thicker foot and overall deeper than the original inlet one i have. I will use the other NOS one on the inlet side, although it doesnt quite look as thick as the existing inlet one I have, I am sure it will do just fine.

Thank you for the assistance

Adam

Nieuwe pagina 1