Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ariel WNG RAF 1941

RAF blue Lucas or Smiths instruments are bizarre, but I'll ask another question: 99% of the "projects" that have been bought by forum members still have some original paint somewhere (under a coat of post war civilian paint, or inside the brake drums, or inside the primary chain cover, or inside the headlight, ...). I'm keeping a Register for the WD Royal Enfields, and I have to say that I have never come across original RAF blue paint on RAF contract bikes (and there are a few...). Has anybody ever seen original RAF blue on an unrestored bike...? (BSA, Norton, Ariel, ...)

email (option): wd.register@gmail.com

Jan, I think you are right, maybe some accessory parts were painted blue, but never the bikes!

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbi**.net

['Has anybody ever seen original RAF blue on an unrestored bike...? (BSA, Norton, Ariel, ...)..']

Only on a post war Triumph TRW!...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Lex the only WD bikes with an Anti Clock speedo were the Royal Enfield WD/G and WD/L. Both mine came without a working speedo. I acquired a NOS 1942 dated AC speedo with the correct part number on the brass tag which is on my WD/G. For the WD/L, David Woods reworked a standard pin drive speedo for me to reverse the action. Ron

SS852804
SS852805

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1