Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Oil Pump Drive Spindle - Indian-made fitting follow-up anyone?

Wear on the oil pump drive spindle is caused by the excessive loads applied to it when the oil pump is running 'tight'....Most here are probably familiar with that condition...When the die cast material of the oil pump body ages and deteriorates it causes it to expand, pinching up on the oil pump gear spindles and the gears themselves...
It is frequently the case that the pump won't turn at all by hand, which it should when in good condition...Frequently the pumps are very tight and it is the force required to turn them that leads to wear of the drive spindle gear teeth....
It is best therefore to check the condition of the oil pump and to ensure it is turning freely to avoid shortening the life of the drive spindle...(and crankshaft pinion)....
Regarding the Indian made oil pump drive shafts don't waste your money or risk your engine by fitting one.....Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Another aspect that I forgot to mention is correct positioning of the crank within the crankcases...
If the drive side main bearing spacer is worn and/or the oil flinger plate is worn or omitted the crank will be too far over to the drive side and the correct mesh of the oil pump drive shaft gear and the crank pinion gear will be affected...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Thank you for your comments and advice. Thanks to Ron Pier, I've located a UK-made spindle with one of the suppliers he mentioned. Much appreciated. :pray:

email (option): public@humphreysmith.com

Thank you for your learned insight and sounds advice, Ian Wright - duly noted! :relaxed:

email (option): public@humphreysmith.com

It seems I had them as well.

https://pesltd.uk/?product=66-2620

Mark

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

Mark in case you had them, I typed in "WM20 oil pump spindle 66-2620" into your search box and it came back with No result! Hence I made the list of other possibilities. It seems to search your site you have to know exactly how you have it listed. Ron:thinking_face:

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

i have NOS
i sending mail to u but error
cheers

email (option): sl_hussein@yahoo.com

I just cut and pasted your part number Ron and it appeared?
There are issues in the website and we try to correct them as they as found.
I think there are still around a thousand parts to list :cry:
At some point I need to bully my man about a multiword search engine.

Mark

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

Nieuwe pagina 1