The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Wiring

Trevor
I know what you mean about the dynamo sockets. I have a small number of carefully preserved connectors for them. I'm not much good at soldering them.
Yes, those were the days.

['I can clearly remember an inspection day and when the inspector hit the horn he looked at Mark asking "What do you do in an emergency ?"
The respons was F--- O-- C--- loud enough to be clearly heard in the factory unit next door as they came in to see what was happening expecting to see some sort of violnet confrontation.
The inspector shook his head, chuckled and ticked the horn box .
We all had a good laugh .
Those were the days !!!...']

The local British bike dealer who used to do my MOTs always left the horn till last...He'd press it once and if it worked he'd say..'Quick, get it out of here while it's still working!'....:laughing:
I have an intense dislike for Lucas horns...They frequently wouldn't work on bikes I bought and I can rarely keep one going for 12 months, even the ones I've had reconditioned...
Generally I've found the 12volt versions to be longer lasting than the 6 volt ones...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Interesting conversation, but I don't understand, why people, like Mark Cook, keep pushing for the very incredibly wrong products, have said this before, and will keep saying it, Mark, nothing personal, you do great work on stuff you make yourself, but some other stuff isn't worth to peddle, as it's so obviously wrong!

Anyway, I have said soooo much about this topic already, and I know it's not that easy, but Ian Wright gets it too, so about FB, there's sooo much desinformation there, and I try to follow up, and try to set it right, but sometimes it's just too much.

My 2 p. here.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbi^^.n

Lex, not everyone has your tastes, all I do is offer options.
I don't agree with many things posted here, but I respect others opinions.

Mark

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

Yep, I agree...I'm not concerned about absolute 'originality' as long as overall the bike looks the part with nothing that jumps out at the average enthusiast...
As most know from previous posts IMO once the bike has been restored it isn't original anyway, just a representation and it's a fact not everyone wants the same thing...There's no international standard after all....
For example,mine is now more or less 100% blasted stainless fasteners and fittings where cadmium would have been used...I think it's the best substitue visually and is certainly the most durable finish...Purists will hate it though..The wiring is a similar thing.....Here's one I made earlier as they say...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

During the years these bikes were built, the wiring looms would've been changed slightly, wouldn't they? Small detail differences between contracts, availability of components?

I gave in to forum bullying!

Black silicon wire and coloured heat shrink.

And so much of it!

Eight colours

If anyone else is in fear of the forum bullies, I have plenty of spare.

Mark

email (option): pes.sales@btconnect.com

Ah, rivet counters to people feeling being bullied 1-0

Thanks,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbi**.net

InstaPro for PC&MIC

Are you worried about how to download Insta Pro Apk https://instaprosapp.com/insta-pro-apk-for-pc/ on your PC? So don’t worry about this problem because in this article you will learn about downloading the Insta Pro Apk on your PC, with proper guidelines.

Insta Pro APK

email (option): johankaroro@gmail.com

There's a Nuovo Falcone forum and a facebook page. Folks don't use the forum so much now, so it's more difficult to get up to date info from that and just about impossible to get info using facebook as a research archive. Facebook is pretty useless for that. This forum is easy to navigate and easy to get the necessary info on wiring using the SEARCH button....
I don't blame folks for not wasting their time on a query when the required info is obtainable at the press of that button. The depth of knowledge here is over and above any other forum I've used, and having several old bikes I use a lot of forums. Some are excellent and some so so, and it seems to depend on the age of the participants. Tribal Elders....

Nieuwe pagina 1