The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Australian BSA's and their tank numbers

I am the 3rd owner
The second owner told me the first owner bought it brand new at a post war surplus auction and did all of the modifications ( 250 Empire Star chrome tank & wheels, deluxe chromed damper knob he had the fork links, foot brake & front engine plates all chromed as well .
I found the Sloper deluxe steering damper knob and made the long rack , otherwise the bike is as I got it .

IT is weird that such a low number would still be unused at the end of the war though .
I have come across a few with close numbers over the years that also have matching numbers.

If it had been bought in the 60's to 90's then I would have suspected it was a new machine, kept for back up as we did not retire all of the WM20's till 1974.
I did download all 25 of the ledgers and went through them several times just to be sure I had not missed it.
Not a total waste of time as I did find the 3 B40's I bought in the 82 & 84 and the landlords Indian.
The landlord found several vehicles his father / grandfather bought for use on their farm .

Baz Ford
Henk, thanks for the info on my WM20 58162 matching numbers. Do you have the tank number on your spread sheet ?
Baz
WM20 58162 is on page 165 of book AWM 126 15

Rob

https://www.awm.gov.au/collection/C2143582?image=165

email (option): robmiller11(a)yahoo.co.uk

Thanks Rob, that link didn't work. I'll see if I can get on the site and search for that page. Baz

email (option): binnawan@iinet.net.au

Found that Rob. Interesting it was in Western Australia and still is. It was sold on to local dealer Mortlock Bros (Mortlock Suzuki)

email (option): binnawan@iinet.net.au

Nieuwe pagina 1