The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Matching number WM20 Purchased

Thanks Henk,

This is what Henk found out about this bike.

This BSA WM20.108521 is build under contract S5209 - 36 it left the factory in 1944, for this contract they used tank numbers from C5545518 up to C5557517 and this BSA had tank number C5549221 when it left the factory.

I have no US history and talking to the current owner the bike was purchased in a larger lot of engines and frames. They other stuff is from the 1960-1970’s mostly Triumph.

Now to start collecting the missing bits. The big purchase will be the magdyno and maybe a carb.

Does anyone know if these were under coated at the factory before paint. As you can see it has rust. As I clean the parts I want to primer coat in the right color for protection.

I am open to any advice.

Thanks again for the site and all help you offer.

email (option): cbhaws@verizon.net

Hi Charlie,

Hope that you are feeling better after the Covid? That's nice, I wished mine was a matching numbers.
I noticed a couple of things in the photo that Henk posted for you. She seems to have an early central speedo bracket, and i'm sure that the steering damper through the head stock had been delated by 1944.
Dave

email (option): jeepfinger@blueyonder.co.uk

Thanks for your input. I know almost nothing about the build details. With information for like yours my knowledge is growing.
Thanks again.
Charlie

email (option): cbhaws@verizon.net

Nieuwe pagina 1