Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Battery to fit Dagenite case.

Has anyone found gel batteries a little sensitive to over-charging?

email (option): sacombsashtrees@hotmail.com

I run 2 x 5A cyclon packs in parallel .
I was going to use 3 x 10 A single 2V cells but they were 1.5 times the price of the 2 x 5Amp.

However now I run the LED head, tail & Stop lights batteries ar somewhat redundant although it does blow the horn nice and almost loud.

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

Same with me on my Indian special! Two 5 amp Cyclons in parallel to give me 10 amps. It's coil ignition and I did get caught out on a 30 mile ride home after dark. So I've changed the bulbs to LED and I usually carry a spare Cyclon 5 amp for good measure.

My main culprit however was the AO electronic regulator that I'd fitted. There's something about those that they won't cut in if your battery level drops below a certain level. I've now changed it to a http://dynamoregulators.com/dvr2.php and never had a problem since.

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

What LED bulbs?

email (option): jonny.rudge@verizon.net

John Harris
What LED bulbs?

I got my 6v LED bulbs from this guy.

http://www.dynamoregulatorconversions.com/stoptail-lamp-bulbs-shop.php

I bought a non dipping headlamp bulb (I think you can buy dipping bulbs also). A standard pilot bulb and a red stop/tail bulb with white LED's at the back for number plate illumination. All came with the standard caps to plug straight into my original fittings. From memory they cost me £29 with post and they use a 20th of the amps that the originals use. All lights blazing and the needle barely moves.
Ron

Yikes!! Sixty quid for a single headlamp bulb??! This thing better wake up the dead, and even then I don't know.

email (option): jonny.rudge@verizon.net

Well I don't know either? I's a difficult site to follow and I ended up phoning the guy. He didn't have the dipping bulbs when I bought mine and I couldn't see the point of one anyway, My bill including post was £29 for all three bulbs Ron

John Harris
Yikes!! Sixty quid for a single headlamp bulb??! This thing better wake up the dead, and even then I don't know.

Well if that is the double dipper, I was not impressed with mine.
A beautiful bright white lite when viewed side on , nice siting behind the bars till you start to move.

On the paddock, with no ambient light, it is good for about 30 mph by which time you over run your own beam.
Haven't tried it on a country road yet but on an urban street not enough light to actually see where our are going and when any vehicle comes up behind you not enough strength to overcome your own shadow.
Fitted to a car, where a pair of them converge it might work but a waste of time & money on a motorcycle.
Just for laughs I taped my LED 6V lantern to the bike & it gave a better light.
Shame I can not get it to fit inside the headlamp shell & it was $ 9.00.
No where nears as much useable light as the old pine cone type of globe.
It is also upside down so I had to turn the refector around 180 deg so the pilot globe is above the headlamp globe to get it to dip properly.

email (option): bsansw1@tpg.com.au

Nieuwe pagina 1