The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 3HW Query

Is that an original Ron or the repro ones you had made,

email (option): warbikes at geemale dot comm (think about this address)

nigP

from this pix the frames are not vertical and parallel, but lean towards each other at the top - is this correct or photo error ? ![/quote

Yes the frames slope out at the bottom. And that horrible piece of twisted metal is about 1/2" longer on the N/S to add some clearance for the brake arm.

Lex tells me that LMS have loads of NOS TRW brackets

.http://eshop.lmslichfieldltd.com/Ex-Army-tools-and-Equipment

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

If you're looking for it try Burton Bike Bits as well...The part number is F2254 (or 82-2254 after the letter prefixes were superseded by numerical ones)...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Yes it's one of my repros Andrew. I have three Vokes filters and only one original elbow. None left now and no plans to make any more.

Ron

i learn something every time you post a pix Ron !!

Question - is the line from the petrol-tap rubber or coiled metal?

What type of petrol tap is correct - tell me its not a bloody slider type ....

Slight problem today, was about to fill oil tank, checked everything tight and found ......... oil tank drain plug has stripped out.
I hope its an incorrect fastener - metric instead of imp.?

Ive, joined MVT tonight.

Because Triumph opted for that stupid single fuel outlet with balance pipe, their traditional twin type tap was used. With a plated copper pipe with brass nuts and nipples. Ron

photo 3HW 231_zpsvhunpdwn.jpg

Bingo and Bugger .... got the coiled metal tubing, sold my twin-tap just before xmas ......... wos offered a very silly price for it.

Still, one out of two not bad.

Don't think i will go with the authentic Spark-plug 'cap' though, i dont mind riding in the rain and i have memoirs of an 'electric leg' from 'wd bullet' days.

REPRO PARTS - am tempted by canvas grips and Y belts from a UK seller on EBAY (181997673927) - any knowledge of them?
Is the seller a forum contributor?

He's been making and selling those grips for years now and I doubt you will find anything better repro wise! Ron

That recommendations good enough for me ....

Other thread - forgotten about Meriden pix, currently enlarging and perusing

Nieuwe pagina 1