Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Temp Gauge,in piston damage

Would be interested to know what temperatures you come up with.

Regards

Pat

email (option): meagher_family@hotmail.com

the 'secret' to using one of these gauges is to establish what is a 'normal' running temperature.

Do not worry too much about the number on the gauge - as this will vary from bike to bike.

If the bike is running ok at the moment, mentally note the temperature. Watch what happens on a hot day, up hill, flogging it and establish its normal working range.

When you are happy with normal temperature range - then MARK IT on the gauge - its very easy for the temperature to creep up with time, indicating something is happening and needs adjusting.

One way to establish a MAXIMUM temp - is on a dyno, get the engine fully loaded on WOT and standby to be horrified when your s/plug turns blue ......
Most Dynos tend to have poor engine cooling and/or high ambient temperatures - that's why they need to 'correct' and HP figures.

Now back to playing with a lambda sensor on a B50 ........

email (option): ginantonik@tiscali.co.uk

Me too

I've got a lot of m/biking on the ES2 in IOM, in a few weeks time - so I will be re-fitting my Trail-Tek, a sound thrashing on the TT circuit will b interesting as it always ends up a race between Ariel's and Norton's...

I may as well wire up the rev counter (to see if I can get it working?) and the temperature gauge (spark plug washer) and will publish the temps.

She is an all iron OHV motor, well sorted and reliable - so will give some relevant temps for a SV (?)

email (option): ginantonik@tiscali.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1