Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Temp Gauge,in piston damage

Hi All.
Tried to find the temp washer that connects to gauge that goes under the spark plug with no success,
is there any one with a web link out there.
Cheers Drew

email (option): bronte.nolan@bigpond.com

Re: Temp Gauge,in piston damage

the 'secret' to using one of these gauges is to establish what is a 'normal' running temperature.

Do not worry too much about the number on the gauge - as this will vary from bike to bike.

If the bike is running ok at the moment, mentally note the temperature. Watch what happens on a hot day, up hill, flogging it and establish its normal working range.

When you are happy with normal temperature range - then MARK IT on the gauge - its very easy for the temperature to creep up with time, indicating something is happening and needs adjusting.

One way to establish a MAXIMUM temp - is on a dyno, get the engine fully loaded on WOT and standby to be horrified when your s/plug turns blue ......
Most Dynos tend to have poor engine cooling and/or high ambient temperatures - that's why they need to 'correct' and HP figures.

Now back to playing with a lambda sensor on a B50 ........

email (option): ginantonik@tiscali.co.uk

Hi Noam & Nigp.
Thanks for the info,the 720 cc, M20 wants to go but I am a bit weary of pushing it to much.
It will be good to see what operating temp is in different conditions.
Cheers Again.
Drew

email (option): bronte.nolan@bigpond.com

Would be interested to know what temperatures you come up with.

Regards

Pat

email (option): meagher_family@hotmail.com

Me too

I've got a lot of m/biking on the ES2 in IOM, in a few weeks time - so I will be re-fitting my Trail-Tek, a sound thrashing on the TT circuit will b interesting as it always ends up a race between Ariel's and Norton's...

I may as well wire up the rev counter (to see if I can get it working?) and the temperature gauge (spark plug washer) and will publish the temps.

She is an all iron OHV motor, well sorted and reliable - so will give some relevant temps for a SV (?)

email (option): ginantonik@tiscali.co.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1