Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: WNG Speedo Bracket measurements?

Steve I thought the uniform was very early , and didn't spot the lower sleeve badge , still cant see it even at 400% increase in magnification,!! Thanks for pointing out the change in type and position of speedo bracket, will check my numbers again and post But I thought the early rubber mounted bars also had the early speedo mount, mine has the fixed bars and late 1942 build date as far as I remember, Andrew. h.

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

There's a few images Andy showing the same ladies around this time on various Enfield's and G3's, some showing the upper sleeve insignia a lot more clearly.....

As for the early Ariel speedo bracket I think the changeover was around 1940-41, pretty early on and the parts lists would be a guide here (mine aren't accessible at present to check) but the rubber-mounted 'bars were still being fitted at Contract C11103 (early '42) - my own W/NG (XG24366) was built April '42 and rubber-mounted 'bars still fitted........though many of these were retro fitted with the later rigid-mounted 'bars and clamps.....

If you want the measurements for the speedo brackets, I can probably help. As Steve has mentioned, many bikes were retro fitted with the solid mounted handle bars, as was mine.

Cheers

Pino

Hi Pino,

If you'd like to help out with the measurements, that would be great. All you have to do is put a measurement or degree angle next to the letter.

Wade

email (option): iron_ariel@yahoo.ca

Hi Pino,

If you'd like to help out with the measurements, that would be great. All you have to do is put a measurement or degree angle next to the letter.

Wade

That WNG of mine is late 41 and has the central speedo mount and rubber mounted bars.

email (option): barryrapley@sky.com

Hi Pino,

We really need you to help with the measurements of the rear WNG speedo bracket as no one else has the information.

Would you please PM me.

Thank you,
Wade

Nieuwe pagina 1