Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Normandy 2014.....Important Notice

Ian, I will always muck in and be allocated a job but not washing up, peeling potatoes.or guard duty, lol, if you want I can organise a tour around the Falaise pocket and arrange camping in or around My old farm house (had it for 25 years) with clean accommodation,floor sleeping only, with hot shower lots of water flush toilet ect, at my house nr Vire camping for hundreds as there is three acres the house was used as a first aid dressing station and was liberated on my birthday 17th august,and remains as was in 1944 pp me off line if you want but off to France with no access to pooter, on the fourth aug, for a while to mow the grass with my tratter Andrew.h.

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

Hi Ian. My son and I should be there with a wd/co and a g3l and would be delighted to help both before and during with whatever you need.
My knowledge of Normandy is fair having been attending anniversaries since 1974 but I've only had limited experience of convoy and traffic control work although I think I'm reasonably intelligent and quick to learn.
Give us a job and we will sort it I'm sure.
Regards.
Paul Holmes

email (option): paul@holmesfamily.ws

Hi Ian, obviously really looking forward to going over next year even though I can't apply for that weeks holiday until our company give's us our annual leave intitlement in October. Also, I have'nt been able to book any accommodation as my daughter is desperate to come as she did on the 65th but has her final exams in June so not sure whether it will be, whole week, part week, family or just me. We have some friends staying in Hermanville which can accommodate if need be. So I feel embarrassed I can't commit myself at this moment in time rather than say yes and let you down at the last minute. Its a lot of hard work organising and running something on this scale so its great to see people coming forward to help out , if I can help at all when I'm there, I certainly will. Ian.

email (option): ianhince@tiscali.co.uk

Ian Hince's post has prompted me to add:- I have booked a large field at our usual camp-site (between Port en Bessin and Bayeux) for the 70th event. You can bring a tent, camper, van or caravan. Full camp site facilities are available. Proper toilets, washing and showers, shop, restaurant, Bar, swimming pool, some electric hook up( but bring an extension lead!) Can Can girls.
Also Guinness world records have accepted my application for us to attempt to beat the record set in 09.
Ian W is preparing the entry forms, but a duff computer and falling down the loft ladder is not helping him much

Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi ian
I will call you to discuss how i can help for 2014

My skills are elsewhere other than traffic control - not a strong area for me

Best regards

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

John O'Brien
Hi ian

My skills are elsewhere other than traffic control - Jo'b

'Quality Control' on the bar sales, eh John ?

Only when off duty sir :-D

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Ron Pier
Ian Hince's post has prompted me to add:- I have booked a large field at our usual camp-site (between Port en Bessin and Bayeux) for the 70th event. You can bring a tent, camper, van or caravan. Full camp site facilities are available. Proper toilets, washing and showers, shop, restaurant, Bar, swimming pool, some electric hook up( but bring an extension lead!) Can Can girls.
Also Guinness world records have accepted my application for us to attempt to beat the record set in 09.
Ian W is preparing the entry forms, but a duff computer and falling down the loft ladder is not helping him much

Ron

Superb Ron, have made a note of that, Can Can girls, we'll see who's on the boat on way over Oh eck, hope you're ok Ian

email (option): ianhince@tiscali.co.uk

Ron Pier
...- I have booked a large field at our usual camp-site (between Port en Bessin and Bayeux) for the 70th event.
Ron

Is that the field behind the camping site at Etreham ?
Hans

email (option): viaconsu [at] planet'dot'nl

Exactly so Hans. Same as the 65th.

Ron

Has it been a bit improved: more electrical outlets (otherwise late comers will need 100m extension cables....), toilets? (my bladder wants to know....)

There are proper toilet facilities within easy walk. Obviously not as easy as having your Chalet Hans. Electric hook up is available at the edge of the field. It's why I said "bring a lead"

Ron

Hi Ian,

My son (Jason) and I will be booking up for the full tour next year on our M20's as soon as the register opens. Although neither of us has any real knowledge of the area or experience marshalling we would be happy to assist in any way we can.

I was on the 65th tour and we both did the Guernsey liberation tour the following year where we assisted a couple of times marshalling the heavier kit.

Both events still bring a smile to my face.

Regards

Roy

email (option): fierybrew@yahoo.com

Afternoon

I have not been to a Normandy commemoration for a few years (20 yrs I think)and am looking to take my WM20 over next year - would you be able to include me as part of your group. I am a willing workhorse even if it is only making the tea!

Look forward to hearing from you.

Andy

Thanks to all who have volunteered so far....

Would Ian Murrel and Andy Tizzard please mail me off forum with contact details.....

Also...More volunteers with Normandy experience are still needed...Come on, don't just leave it to others...... 'Hands off cocks, on with socks' as they say in the Army......Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

There is little chance that I can attend the 70th; all the cabins at Etreham seem to be booked, and at 80 my bones object to the pleasures of a tent
Perhaps I can hire a caravan, and in that case I hope there is a charitable soul who offers me a ride in his Big4 . I that case I will be happy to provide translators assistance; marshalling I leave for the younger.
As I have said before, my M20 will be at the disposal of any Canadian who can’t bring his own mount, and provided always my bike is up and running. And that one of my friends from Holland will take care of the transport

Hi Hans..I will be going to Normandy later this year to finalise some of the arrangements for 2014...Do you want me to see if I can find some suitable accommodation?.....It would be great if you could make it...Let me know...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Hans WDM20 58764
There is little chance that I can attend the 70th; all the cabins at Etreham seem to be booked, and at 80 my bones object to the pleasures of a tent
Perhaps I can hire a caravan, and in that case I hope there is a charitable soul who offers me a ride in his Big4 . I that case I will be happy to provide translators assistance; marshalling I leave for the younger.
As I have said before, my M20 will be at the disposal of any Canadian who can’t bring his own mount, and provided always my bike is up and running. And that one of my friends from Holland will take care of the transport

Hello Hans, One of the drawbacks of living on this side of "the Pond" would be shipping my bike over at considerable expense. Your offer of a loaner bike is most generous, and it makes me take a serious look at participating. It would be an honor to attend this event, and I'll be in touch if I can arrange the details from Canada , and would love to meet some of the members of this forum,not to mention to thank you in person for the fuel tap corks you sent me a while ago. Cheers to all,
Vincent V, Nova Scotia Canada!

Hi Vincent,
About the corks:did they work?
Hans

hi ian, sent you a pm off forum.
chris

email (option): chris.astinbarker@btinternet.com

Added information to avoid any disappointment. I have just booked my ferry ticket on line with Brittany Ferries. So that I had freedom of choice for dates. They take £25 deposit and the balance goes on your card about a month before sailing. Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1