KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: GRATITUDE

It is interesting how many of these postings to this thread mention their gratitude for their Maths education. I have mentioned mine earlier. I reflect on my education at KBGS often and although I know I went on to learn more after I left I still value the induction into a new world for me and the love of learning and how to learn that I was given there. I have read how the ancient Egyptians took children and inducted them into the secrets that built their civilisation and I sometimes recognise that I felt that I was having secrets revealed to me, especially during Maths and especially Trigonometry and the beauty of Geometry with its superb logical structure.

I also am thankful for trigonometry, at school I had no idea what it was about, in the Army I used it continually and truly appreciated its simplicity and downright usefullness

Should that read "triggernometry"? or did I miss the point?

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1952-60

Current location (optional) Lincoln

Terry, you've put your finger on it, but don't pull it.