KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: A story for Christmas

READ ALL ABOUT IT !!

this

Well Done Doug

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1950-55

Current location (optional) KEIGHLEY

Yes Doug, well done. It was a good write up in the Keighley News. I hope that it is selling well for you. Cheers, Bill.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1947-51

Current location (optional) Auckland NZ

I hope I am not the only one who has read Doug’s book. It is a fascinating take on the star-followers from the East who chance to meet in search of some deliverance from their successful but unfulfilled lives: one young, one middle aged and one old; a king, a minister and a priest; none sure what to make of the powerful presence but seeming banality of the mother and child they find when the star stops.
And Trevor’s brilliant cover captures exactly the mirage-like uncertainty of the journey’s meaning to them.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1954-59

Current location (optional) Denholme garethwhittaker99@hotmail.com

Thanks Gareth,
I should point out that the actual painting used on the cover is by author/artist Doug. I simply arranged the elements and the typography.