KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The least admired members of staff

I don't have a middle name, but it could have been Hammond!!!

David, George W-F recently signed up to the KBGS website. Maybe you missed it. I wrote to him, mistakenly believing it was JJ W-F - who certainly does 'tune in' to the website from time to time.

Their sister taught me, and Terry Marston, at Eastwood Infants School. I too joined Holy Trinity Church choir, though only for a very short time - I wasn't too keen on the dresses!

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1951-58

I do have a middle name and boy do I flaunt it.

John de Fraine Felvus

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958-61

Current location (optional) Blue Mountains, Australia via Haworth

There was an old man who lived down Lawkholme Lane called John Barrett. He was born on Mafeking Night. He was witness to a traffic incidence and was asked for his full name by the policeman, 'Nay tha dusna want that.',he told the police, the bobby insisted and wet his pencil, ' I tell thi tha dusna want it.' The policeman threatened him with hindering the police so he delivered, 'John Makeking Ladysmith Kitchener Baden Powell Barrett' Theer nah are yuh satisfied!!'

Tha certainly din't flaunt "de Fraine" much in 1C, John!
(I thowt "Marcus" were bad enough).

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958-65

Current location (optional) Dudley, West Midlands

These revelations about middle names are all very interesting (and I'm keeping quiet about mine - and you keep your mouth shut on that one too, young Marston!), but surely, the 'Waddington' is not a middle name at all but rather his mother's maiden name; isn't that how 'double-headers' work?

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1951-58

His initials are "A.D." - probably increasingly appropriate as time goes by.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1952-60

Current location (optional) Lincoln