Return to Website

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board

Post your Morel Find Reports Here

Unique Morel Hunter's shirts, caps and a lot more!

1 Morel Mushroom Lane Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: New Hunter

What is Drake's batter mix? Do you find it in the store? Sheryl

Email: doony62@yahoo.com

State: Minnesota or South Dakota

Re: Re: Re: Re: New Hunter

Yes Sheryl you do find it in a store,but I'm not sure they sell it in your area!! Look in the batter mix area at your local supermarket,it has a white duck on the package or ask a store clerk if they sell it there!!! Hope you get the chance to try it or you mat even find a different kind that works just as well!! Good Luck and Happy Eating!!!!!!

State: Michigan

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New Hunter

Thanks for the info! I will look for it! Sheryl

Email: doony62@yahoo.com

State: Minnesota or South Dakota

Re: Re: New Hunter

I have been hunting morels all of my life. I can't remember the first time I went hunting. The only way my family ever cooked them was to make a dry dip of one part flour and two parts corn meal. Put in a plastic bag, dip the mushroom in water or buttermilk and drop in the bag, shake and drop into a skillet of hot oil and fry until golden brown. To prepare our shoons we always split them in half and soaked them for three or four hours, even over night in a frig. in salt water. This was done to kill and chill out any creepy criters in side the shoons. This is the way mt.people fry fish and is why they are called dry land fish in this part of the country.

Email: Mbegley4@charter.net

State: Tennessee