The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Street Spirit (Fade Out)

And I second Anthony and Henrik: The video is very beautiful too, a classic piece of art work.

That's probably the biggest compliment I've ever seen anyone give Kansas.

Schwah, our posts just came in parallel. Haven't seen those 2 videos, so you made me curious.

I should be a little more serious about what is a clearly beloved song. Street Spirit is pretty, almost beautiful. But it doesn't move or build. It just lays there for me.

Compared to my favorite track on The Bends, "Fake Plastic Trees," it's static. "FPT" starts beutiful, and then has that incredible build, reaches a majestic end, then pulls the rug back out for a gentle, hesitant, even more touching denouement.

As for the videos, I can see how some may take "High and Dry" to be a bad "Pulp Fiction" homage. But "Just" is undeniably great, one of the top 10 videos of all time (helped by the fact that the song rocks).

I didnt say I disliked pablo honey. Theres some song that I just dont not like. There are a few I would enter into my 3000 as well. especially Creep, but thats obvious

I agree Schwah, Street Spirit doesn't even touch Fake Plastic Trees. I would say almost everything on OK Computer and Kid A are better than Street Spirit as well. Not that it's a bad song, it just isn't near the top.

Speaking of Radiohead, has anybody picked up the OK Computer vinyl reissue? It used to be you could only find the import for over 100 dollars but now you can get it for 25. That's still too pricey for me right now, I'll probably ask for it for Christmas.

John, I've had my OK Computer vinyl since around '02. I was working at HMV at the time and I saw it in the system for $25 or something, so I ordered it.

What's HMV?

a ... cough... Commonwealth related Virgo Reccad Megastow or so ... no branches in Germany, too... , but the summer of 1994 was fruit and london to me (bought about 20 partly unknown cd singles that day and they all were tremendous..)

no MORE branches, I should've said...

His Master's Voice? More on Wikipedia

Or maybe Anthony meant the retailer HMV Group plc?