The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: HOA plaques

Definitely not looking to make more work for you schleuse. I think it might be intersting to have the top-x singles and albums as of the year that particular artist was voted-in, and then maybe a top-x of hwat is to come later. We can see then what body of work was deemed HOA-worthy as of the year of voting, and compare the early entrants (like the Beatles, only two years into their recording career) with later entrants (like Louis Armstrong, who was approximately 532 years into his recording career).

Re: HOA plaques

Internet service here is still hit-or-miss, but I've launched plaque #1. I'll put up another one every day or two until we're caught up.

I've adopted Schwah's idea of including each artist's top six albums & songs at induction, and added a "crystal ball" section for those recordings which will eventually make the top six.

Everybody should feel free to post their appreciations of each artist on their plaques. Images and YouTube videos would be great.

No flaming. Seriously. I have lived through a hurricane, and you do not want to mess with me.

Next up: Hank Williams.