The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Acclaimed Music Forum top albums 101-200

Cool list so far, although I'm disappointed 1999 isn't in the top 100. 12 of my albums made the list so far.

Oh, and count me in for the Janet and Madonna albums, aside from the overrated janet.

Good job, Jacek
10 a day is fine. That'll make me hurry to the office for 10 consecutive days :-)

Actually, I Think I Had 4 Janet Albums...

on my list. She's one my fave female acts.

I can't see another Madonna album finishing higher than Ray of Light and Like a Prayer, so I gess that's all for the Big M in this poll. Prince likely will have some, but, again, slight stunner that Sign O'... is where it's at.

It sounds like we all feel a bit sorry for Sign 'O' the Times. The album is just outside my personal top 100 list.

Sign o' the Times

It ranked number 3 for me.

I had a whopping 13 Prince albums in my top 100.

It was my highest Prince album, at No. 27. I wonder where Purple Rain will end up?

It's a surprise for me that any Springsteen album ("Born to Run", "Darkness ..." and especially "The River") have reached the top 100. Maybe "Nebraska"?

Born in the USA...

was on my list, so maybe we'll see it in the top 100.

Looks like half of my top 20 stranded in this region. Most surprising: The Who's Live at Leeds ans even more Eno's Another Green World, which is as acclaimed as you'll get em. Anyway, this looks like it will make a good list and at least people can see Bonnie "Prince" Billy and Mr and Mrs Thompson standing here.

LOL! Not surprisingly, only about 5 of the albums were on my list (2 Janet albums, a Stevie album, RAY OF LIGHT, and PARACHUTES).