The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Paste Magazine end of the year lists

I'm glad to see for the first time some lists that acclaim great song craftsmen such as Sondre Lerche, Ron Sexsmith, Ed Harcourt and the genius Rufus Wainwright.
No Madonna, Prince or hip-hop shit in this Paste Magazine so it's rejoicing !

Well, Considering...

M's only album to be considered for those years was American Life, did you expect to see THAT on there?

Thanks Mario!

JR,
Even if M's only release for those years was "American Life", which is not her best record you'll be agree with me, will always be more acclaimed by critics (because she's Madonna, a star, a "lucky star" I would even say ) than great craftsmen like Ron Sexsmith or Ed Harcourt that write wonderful songs no one cares about except me...

Dumbangel - I love Ed Harcourt! Well, I have one album of his, and I love it.

Why's That, DA?

Just look at all of the acclaimed non-household-name acts on many of the lists. I don't think that's true at all. Otherwise, more notably commercially successful/household-name acts would be notably acclaimed. Least that's how I see it.

Prince

And what exactly is wrong with Prince, Dumbangel?

That's Right, MB!

We'll back him into a corner and get him to submit to the poers of Prince and Madonna- we'll start if off by making him listen to Love Song 100 times in a row!

I taje it that he sees it as refreshing to not see the "usual suspects" on a list. Kinda how it's sort of refreshing to not see the Beatles on a list (though they certainly are deserving of all the acclaim and tghen some).

I agree

It's refreshing to not see the Beatles on a list, partly because I don't get all the hype.

We can help restore your diesel, gas, or hybrid engine to like-new condition.

truck repair services

Download your Pinterest Story by Using Pinterest Video Downloader Tool for Free.

Paste Magazine list serve as a trusted guide, introducing readers to exceptional content they might have missed otherwise. mahadev book login id and password