Go to the NEW FORUM
Paste Magazine 2002
1. Rosie Thomas - When We Were Small
2. Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
3. Pedro the Lion - Control
4. Patty Griffin - 1000 Kisses
5. Coldplay - A Rush of Blood to the Head
6. Beck - Sea Change
7. Joseph Arthur - Redemption's Son
8. Sondre Lerche - Faces Down
9. Tom Waits - Blood Money / Alice
10. Solomon Burke - Don't Give Up On Me
11. Neko Case - Blacklisted
12. 16 Horsepower - Folklore
13. Norah Jones - Come Away With Me
14. Josh Rouse - Under Cold Blue Stars
15. Bruce Springsteen - The Rising
16. David Gray - A New Day at Midnight
17. Ryan Adams - Demolition
18. Corey Harris - Downhome Sophisticate
19. Hem - Rabbit Songs
20. Aimee Mann - Lost in Space
Paste Magazine 2003
1. Rufus Wainwright - Want One
2. Over the Rhine - OHIO
3. Erin McKeown - Grand
4. Drive-By Truckers - Decoration Day
5. Sun Kil Moon - Ghosts of the Great Highway
6. Death Cab For Cutie - Transatlanticism
7. The Jayhawks - Rainy Day Music
8. Joe Henry - Tiny Voices
9. Shelby Lynne - Identity Crisis
10. Ed Harcourt - From Every Sphere
11. Elvis Costello - North
12. Steven Delopoulos - Me Died Blue
13. Damien Rice - o
14. Cat Power - You Are Free
15. The White Stripes - Elephant
16. Bruce Cockburn - You've Never Seen Everything
17. Rodney Crowell - Fate's Right Hand
18. Lucinda Williams - World Without Tears
19. Fountains of Wayne - Welcome Interstate Managers
20. Ryan Adams - Rock N Roll
Paste magazine 2004
1. U2 - How to Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
2. Ron Sexsmith - Retriever
3. Tom Waits - Real Gone
4. Wilco - A Ghost Is Born
5. Rilo Kiley - More Adventurous
6. Patty Griffin - Impossible Dream
7. Björk - Medúlla
8. Buddy Miller - Universal United House of Prayer
9. Paul Westerberg - Folker
10. Loretta Lynn - Van Lear Rose
11. Mindy Smith - One Moment More
12. Ray LaMontagne - Trouble
13. Midlake - Bamnan & Slivercork
14. Mavis Staples - Have A Little Faith
15. Earlimart - Treble & Tremble
16. Modest Mouse - Good News For People Who Love Bad News
17. Jolie Holland - Escondida
18. The Polyphonic Spree - Together We're Heavy
19. Iron & Wine - Our Endless Numbered Days
20. Sam Roberts - We Were Born In A Flame
I'm glad to see for the first time some lists that acclaim great song craftsmen such as Sondre Lerche, Ron Sexsmith, Ed Harcourt and the genius Rufus Wainwright.
No Madonna, Prince or hip-hop shit in this Paste Magazine so it's rejoicing !
M's only album to be considered for those years was American Life, did you expect to see THAT on there?
Even if M's only release for those years was "American Life", which is not her best record you'll be agree with me, will always be more acclaimed by critics (because she's Madonna, a star, a "lucky star" I would even say ) than great craftsmen like Ron Sexsmith or Ed Harcourt that write wonderful songs no one cares about except me...
Dumbangel - I love Ed Harcourt! Well, I have one album of his, and I love it.
Just look at all of the acclaimed non-household-name acts on many of the lists. I don't think that's true at all. Otherwise, more notably commercially successful/household-name acts would be notably acclaimed. Least that's how I see it.
And what exactly is wrong with Prince, Dumbangel?
We'll back him into a corner and get him to submit to the poers of Prince and Madonna- we'll start if off by making him listen to Love Song 100 times in a row!
I taje it that he sees it as refreshing to not see the "usual suspects" on a list. Kinda how it's sort of refreshing to not see the Beatles on a list (though they certainly are deserving of all the acclaim and tghen some).
It's refreshing to not see the Beatles on a list, partly because I don't get all the hype.
We can help restore your diesel, gas, or hybrid engine to like-new condition.
truck repair services
Download your Pinterest Story by Using Pinterest Video Downloader Tool for Free.