Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Movies, politics, whatever...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
how did everyone go with project euler?

title says it all. i'm at 19 puzzles solved so far. five more shouldn't be too far away

Re: how did everyone go with project euler?

Moeboid, I have been on the site twice now and I think I solved only 4 problems so far. But caution is demanded here: If you start to dig into this stuff, you easily get addicted and totally lost So, maybe I should limit it to one visit per week and solve one or two problems?

Most of the problems can (easily) be solved with programming, but that's taking away the fun of it a bit. For somebody that likes puzzling and that studied maths a long time ago without using it in daily work anymore, it is quite a nice site.

Oh God, Moeboid. What have you done? My girlfriend won't like you very much now.

Indeed- this site is too addictive! I haven't been back there for awhile because of it! I'm at 20.

20 already, moonbeam? that's amazing. the ones i've solved are:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 25, 28, 30, 48, 50

the reason i'm doing these is to learn how to write programs, so i've written programs for all of them even if i could have solved them without it. the 5 that haven't been completed yet are because i don't know how to import data. working on it, though. i'm really hoping that soon i'll be able to write useful programs.