Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Movies, politics, whatever...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Amanda Knox:Guilty?

Do you think Amanda Knox is guilty or innocent? Personally,I don't think the evidence stacks up and don't believe a girl of her character would commit such a crime.

Or maybe I'm just biased cos she's an attractive girl and I'd do her...

Re: Amanda Knox:Guilty?

I haven't seen any of the evidence. With any big story, the story told by news reports usually has nothing to do with what actually happened. Their job is to entertain.

I do think the logic "People who seem nice aren't capable of murder" doesn't work. Having a marketable personality or good looks has nothing to do with whether you'll commit a crime.

I do wonder though if an American can currently get a fair trial abroad.

I think the italian officals just wanted someone to point a fingure at. as do many people in this kinda of situation. its discusting that someone is in jail when the case had sooooo many flaws. Just the fact that she was interigated for over 24 hours stright, hit several times, and abused by the officals should be enough to have UN step in. its really a shame

Dish Network

Who is she ?

She's a woman who, along with 2 other people, was tried for the murder of a British student called Meredith Kercher. She was deemed guilty and is set to serve 20 odd years in prison.

I agree that reporters will tell the public everything and anything (including stuff like she takes a shower at 3:00 AM and it takes her 15 minutes to drink coffee) but won't tell us what we actually want to know: The evidence.

If there's anyhting I will say, though, even if she is guilty, she isn't half as guilty as OJ was.

Yeah, maybe she was guilty, maybe she wasn't. But the public sure wanted her to be.

Thanks ! It's in USA ?

Listyguy

If there's anyhting I will say, though, even if she is guilty, she isn't half as guilty as OJ was.

What is OJ ?
Sorry but I feel not to understand.

as far as i'm aware the murder happened in Italy. And OJ Simpson is a famous american football (i think) star, who killed someone, was found not guilty, and then wrote a book along the lines of "If I killed her..." which naturally caused uproar, or something like that. It's not that big news in the UK or France (where I assume you're from), as it is in America.

OJ Simpson is the first and one of the only six NFL players ever to rush 2000 yards in a season.

In 1994 he murdered his wife and a man she was with. The trial was several months long and, at the fault of the judge, made into a media circus. His lawyer Johnny Cochrane, the man now associated with ingenious legal trickery, made the trial about racism, and he was found not guilty by reasonable doubt.

Later the parents of the victims filed a wrongful death suit against him, which he lost. He wrote a book called "If I did it, this is how I did it", which was an obvious attempt to cash in by confessing in the hypothetical. Then a couple years ago he was imprisoned for armed robbery and kidnapping.

Thanks for your answers !
I look internet to learn more.

Well, her conviction was overturned yesterday.