The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hey, look what I found...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Ok, yes it's a reissue, but I'm still pretty excited about it. I found it in my local record store yesterday. (And yep, that's my unplayed copy of IN THE AEROPLANE... as well, along with a couple other vinyl favorites.)

Harold -- I thought you might appreciate the find. Paul, you too. Hell, anyone who can find the appeal in a good "lost classic", because this record might just be the epitome of the term.

(Oh, and bracketology picks to follow in a day or so.)

Re: Hey, look what I found...

Anthony, that's awesome!

what is that?

Anthony, I love your sense of mise en scene (i.e, in the background, your favorite albums)

Michael
what is that?

Michael, it's BEGIN by The Millennium, a great slice of late-'60s California experimental soft-pop that's one of the hardest-to-find albums on the top 3000. On CD, it's available as disc 1 of a 3-disc anthology titled MAGIC TIME; that's how I own it. Congratulations, Anthony!

Nicolas... I actually didn't spend much more than about 10 seconds composing the shot (as you can probably tell from the blurriness; the pic was taken with my cell phone) -- my records are strewn about my living room, resting against anything and everything. lol

Anyway, thanks guys!

May I join in on the drooling over Begin on vinyl. I only have it on the Magic Time set as well, though I only ever play the Begin disc.

You want as many people as possible to hear this album, right?

That is so cool. Henrik, thanks so much for the chance to listen to it. I,m 2 tracks in and I,m liking a lot.
It qualified for the moderately acclaimed albums knock out stage as well if I,m not mistaken.

oh my god, i JUST listened to this. this is amazing.

people say animal collective sound like the beach boys, but THESE guys are who they REALLY sound like

Come on, boys. You're still on time to vote for Millennium on the Best moderately acclaimed albums poll!!!