Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Upcoming Releases

What upcoming release is everyone looking forward to?

I'm not too excited over anything right now, but the couple of songs I heard from the new Flaming Lips double album sound promising.

And I'm interested in hearing Jay Reatard's new one now that he's done releasing all those single collections.

Re: Upcoming Releases

New Miranda Lambert coming in September. If it's anything like her previous effort it could be a highlight of the year.

It's weird. She got famous by winning a reality TV show. And she won best country album last year. I should despise her. But, she actually wrote all but two songs on her album, unlike most current country artists, and she said in an interview she watches The Last Waltz every time before going on stage.

Other than that:
Erykah Badu - New Amerykah Part Two
The Dodos - Time To Die
Why? - Eskimo Snow

And Joanna Newsom's label has vaguely alluded to her releasing a new album in the fall.

I don't know what to expect from Flaming Lips. Mystics was mediocre but their previous two were all time classics.

Actually The White Stripes, The Strokes, and LCD Soundsystem are all due to put out new LP's within a year or so. And Radiohead's upcoming studio album even has it's own Wikipedia article! Always a good sign!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiohead%27s_eighth_studio_album

Arctic Monkeys - Humbug. Third studio album out 24th August in the UK, and similar dates around the globe. From what I've heard of it so far it sounds very progressive from their last album. Hopefully it won't disappoint.

Arctic Monkeys and Flaming Lips!

I really liked the Matthew Sweet/Susanna Hoffs Under the Covers Vol.1 so I'm looking forward to #2.

I guess I'm looking forward to the Beatles remasters too just to hear how they sound. I guess Dr. Ebbetts has decided to quit because he heard the remasters and said there's no way he can do better... and he is known for having the definitive versions of every Beatles album mono and stereo. I've been skeptical, but that caught my attention because I've sworn by the Ebbetts versions... and thank God that the Beatles' mono albums are finally getting a commercial re-release. It's way overdue.

I liked Arctic Monkeys' first 2 releases and I'm expecting this one to be pretty good too. "Crying Lightning" is alright and I'm a fan of Josh Homme.

There's a Big Star box set coming out in a month or two, I'm thinking about picking that one up.

Based on their new song, Yo La Tengo's new album should be a real treat.

I was really looking forward The Dodos new album but from what I've heard now, it will be much less exciting than Visiter. So instead I'm looking forward for the Antlers album, the first single is magical and their live show sounds great too.
And of course I'm really, really, really waiting for Josh Homme / Dave Grohl / John Paul Jones project as well as Beastie Boys new album, even though it has been postponed because of MCA's cancer. (the 2 first songs published on the net are awesome !)

Aug. 11- Britt Nicole, Willie Nelson and the Time Traveler's Wife soundtrack (although I expect to be disappointed by the Hollywoodization of it)

Aug. 18- MuteMath, Madness (yes, the 80s ska band!)

Aug. 25- Arctic Monkeys, Colbie Caillat, Skillet, Matisyahu, Queen Latifah, Willie Nelson (2nd release)

Sept. 9- Beatles remasters

Sept. 15- Muse, Beastie Boys, Bruce Hornsby

Not sure of date:
White Stripes, Flaming Lips, Under the Covers 2 (may be out already..saw that Paste reviewed it in July issue)

I received an advance copy of Jay Reatard's album, and it's good to very good.

Vivian Girls' new cd comes out in september, im looking forward to picking that up.