Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
News from teh Western Front

well, i'm relatively new to this forum (which might i add, is full of an awesome bunch of people), and my only contribution so far is my list of 100 Favourite Albums (http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/3172289350/show/887006). thanks a lot by the way everybody for your usually positive comments. however, that list is a working progress. i can't edit it in text here, so if you're interested in 'teh list', please divert your attention to http://rateyourmusic.com/list/jaiguru95/150_favourite_albums_of_all_time which is where i keep a version of my list which is regularly updated.

also, i am a musician and not just a music lover. a lot of my friends are musicians. i run a record label where i distribute all my friends' music over the internet for free via soundclick, azureus vuze or microsoft groove - that is, of course, using the term record label in the broadest possible sense. really, it's just a collection of people who record their own stuff, give it to me, and I distribute it.

www.freewebs.com/synestheticmusic is our homepage, and we've currently got 3 records out (as of August 27th 2008). one of them is by an experimental post-rock quintet my brother's in called the? spoon! (and the), who are fronted by a poet. it's heavily influenced by Godspeed you! Black Emperor, Rage Against the Machine, and Robert Fripp's guitar work. It's pretty bleak and heavy, so Moonbeam, I do not reccomend.

The other two are works by myself under the pseudonym of antibeat - it's relaxed ambient music. there's the single shibuya (SYN002), which is available from soundclick, microsoft groove and vuze, but i'm afraid the full length album theresa is only available in it's full format on microsoft groove.

but for anyone with an open mind (including Moonbeam), please download them, and give me your opinions on the recording quality and the technical side to the music if you don't like it, and if you do, well then i've achieved my goal.

(p.s, if you want to download them via microsoft groove, e-mail me at jaiguru@live.com)