6. M.I.A., Kala
5. Band Of Horses, Cease To Begin
4. LCD Soundsystem, Sound Of Silver
3. Radiohead, In Rainbows
2. The National, Boxer
1. Arcade Fire, Neon Bible

Re: Onion AV Club's Top 25 Albums of 2007

"18. Ted Leo, Living With The Living"

Yes! I haven't seen this on many lists which is a shame.

Good list. One of the better ones I've seen. 13 of their top 16 are in my top 30.

Still don't get why so many people think Neon Bible is the best album of the year. I'd put it in my top 30, but it just seems like they're too deliberately targeting the sort of person I was when I was 16, in the same way Picaresque does. (16 year old me would have nothing but the Decemberists and Arcade Fire as his #1 from 2004-2007).

What a boring list. Bat for Lashes CD is a great one but it was released in 2006 as was the Amy Winehouse release.

Anyway Bloc Party's album is just plain terrible. MIA's and Band of Horses new albums don't compare to their prior albums.

i agree that this is a boring list. no country? no black artists except m.i.a.? typical critics list. we all know who will do well before these lists even come out.

wait a minute now, a 'typical' critics list would consist of all the artists whose albums have had a lot of buzz over the last year.

James Murphy & Pat Mahoney, Bat for Lashes, Against Me, Low, Jesu, and others have all been off the radar for me. It's a generally good list, although the Rilo Kiley and Bloc Party records were pretty much universally dismissed as dissapointing.

I have a bad feeling that Deerhoof will be shunned again this year. Their record was released very early in the year and was kind of short. Not the type of epic statement some critics like, but it was still great.

Jess, the lead singer of Bloc Party is black. That still only makes one black artist on that list, though, as I don't think anyone else would consider M.I.A. to be black.

Come on, don't you see it ? Is it so obvious ?
It's a "§ù%ing indie-college-arty-rock list.

Are you suggesting they pick which albums to include based on the race of the performers?

Usually critics' lists at the end of the year all pick the same rap album to put at the top of the list. And mainstays on the top of every critic's all time list are What's Going On, Are You Experienced/Electric Ladyland, It Takes A Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back, Stevie Wonder's big three, Thriller, a handful of Prince albums, and Otis Blue.

But statistically, a few years just aren't going to have many critically acclaimed albums by black artists. When one of those years comes along it's really lame to go around accusing every critic of racism who doesn't hand-pick a few non-white throw ins.

Heck, how many American based lists are there this year that don't include Graduation? This might be the first I've seen that doesn't.

Modest Mouse, We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank, Jesu, Conqueror, Spoon, Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga, Bloc Party, A Weekend In The City, Wilco, Sky Blue Sky Should be at the top prayer to bring someone back in your life

This is exactly I am looking for , thanks for sharing this list here.
aghori baba whatsapp number

If your rig, farm equipment, or highway machinery has brake trouble, we can help.

truck brake service