Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Raspy voice female singers

I love that raspy voice singers like Kim Carnes and Sarah Bettens (K's Choice singer, Belgian band) have and I'm looking for more singers with a voice like that. Any recommendations?

Re: Raspy voice female singers

check Marianne Faithful's "Broken English" if you don't know it yet

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention Marianne Faithful, I absolutely love "The Ballad of Lucy Jordan". Thanks for the recommendation though, I'm gonna listen to that album right now.

I hear Tom Waits is really good. lol. Just imagine him in drag.

I'm afraid it's beyond my imagination !!!

Of course the great Macy Gray

Kimya Dawson, but I don't if her music is really the style you are looking for.

Kimya Dawson... why not Susanna Hoffs?!

Got some Bangles songs and I do love that Bonnie Tyler song.. I'll look into Kimya Dawson. thanks.

I've heard of Kimya Dawson. I used to watch the show Mr. Belvader in the 80s and every time people mention the Beckhams, David and Victoria, I remembet Bryce Beckham who played Wesly on the show. She referenced Bryce Beckham on one of her songs. That was so crazy and obscure. Nowadays it's musky that's popular with Cat Power, Feist and Bats For Lashes all having big followings. Thank you tabacco company.

Janis Joplin.

Great singer, really bad at taking care of Janis.

Check out Jennifer Herrema from Royal Trux-I always thought Neil Hagerty was doing all the singing 'til I saw them live. Seriously, great band, but she was raspier than a cat o' nine tails to the bollocks.

Kimya Dawson is mostly known for being in the Moldy Peaches with Adam Green. If you don't like Adam Green you probably won't like Kimya Dawson. If you're like me you like a little bit of The Moldy Peaches, Adam Green and Kimya Dawson but don't like it all.

Joanna Newsom.
So rapsy.

MACY GRAY!!!!!!!!

the Moldy Peaches are in the Juno soundtrack. I can't wait to see that movie. Spanish recording legend Alejandra Guzman has a raspy voice as well.

Lucinda Williams, PJ Harvey, Dalbello, "Don't know her name, but the lead singer of Krezip, you know this Dutch band", Bonnie Tyler (yes, from "it's a heartache, nothing but a heartache") ...

"the Moldy Peaches are in the Juno soundtrack. I can't wait to see that movie."

From Minnesota's own Diablo Cody- Stripper turned hipster idol!

Stevie Nicks, Taylor Dayne, Bonnie Tyler, Kim Carnes, Anastacia, Sass Jordon... just a few of my faves

Excellent effort to make this blog more wonderful and attractive and informative. how to get rid of extra marital affairs of husband