4. Arcade Fire - Keep the Car Running
5. Klaxons - Golden Skans
6. Manic Street Preachers - Your Love Is Not Enough
7. The View - Same Jeans
8. Candie Payne - I Wish I Could Have Loved You More
9. Mark Ronson feat. Lily Allen - Oh My God
10. Mika - Grace Kelly

Re: Q Best of 2007

It starts out ok, but when lists rank TGTB&TQ and Rilo Kiley above The National I can't help but be astonished.

and ranking Kaiser Chiefs in top 20 ? seriously ? putting them in any list seems stupid to me...

It's funny, if I didn't know that was from Q Magazine, I could've guessed it anyway - it's so distinctive.

Hmm, some parts are good (Arctic Monkeys, imo, belong that high, nice to see TG,TB&TQ, Kings of Leon, Shins, Hold Steady alongside the normal ones), but then Kaiser Chiefs, Foo Fighters, Rumble Strips, Fall Out Boy, Stereo-flippin-phonics?!? Agreed Boxer is too low, so are Spoon, and Justice.

What is the deal with Brits and their unwavering love for Blur. Does Damon Albarn have a giant laser pointed at London or something? I think this list confirms that Q is now even worse than Rolling Stone or at least equally bad.

Can't possibly be any worse than Rolling Stone. Unless they decide to have the rest of the cast of High School Musical on their next cover.

Nah, they just rotate their cover with bands that haven't recorded an album in 20-30 years.

Q's probably the magazine which, reading their opinions on metacritic, correlates by far the least with my tastes.

One of those mags that fears the eclectic and hops on every Brit-bandwagon there is.

Yeah, even more so than NME.

When I tell you without a hint of irony that this is the best Q end of year list I can remember, it should give you some idea of what an execrable and musically conservative pile of shit it really is. Written by people lacking the requisite talent to secure a post at the NME or OK magazine, Q specializes in awarding 5 star reviews to big selling MOR pap like Razorlight and the Chili Peppers.
Apparently, they also like Hard-Fi, Rumble Strips, Fall Out Boy, Robyn and Kate Nash. A rich musical broth if ever there was one...

Just to clarify, I'm not a big Q fan.

You HAVE to read Artrocker magazine. I was a correspondant for them and they totally rip NME and Q apart.

Don't include The Rumble Strips with that list of crap bands. It's actually one of the best UK débuts of the year.

The Good, The Bad & The Queen album is one of the best of the year and Damon, despite being a bit of wally, is one of the most talented musicians we've produced here in the past twenty five years.

Q is by no means the bast magazine out there but this list is one of the best they've put out since maybe 2002.

Nothin' wrong with Robyn...

I've been wondering that.. why are there no reviews of Robyn's album on metacritic?

Was Robyn that girl from Sweeden that toured with the Backstreet Boys about 10 years ago? She had a buch of hits: "Do You Really Wan't Me?," "Show Me Love," and "Do You Know What it Takes" She was really good for a pop singer.

That's the one. Her new album is pretty good, I especially like "With Every Heartbeat". Found it after recommendation from Moonbeam, and a few weeks later it was also all over MTV.

It's not Robyn who sings "show me love" but Robin S.
It's been a hit single in the early 90's (1992 or 1993).
It was crappy dance music.

Both Robin S and Robyn had a hit named "Show Me Lov", Robin S in 1993 and Robyn in 1997, they're not the same song though. "Do You Really Want Me" and "Do You Have What It Takes" are from just Robyn. Confusing, I know.

All of that Robyn is ok but it's her self titled 2005 Swedish release that was released this year internationally that is worth acclaiming. It's kind of hit and miss, but when it hits it hits big.

"9. Mark Ronson feat. Lily Allen - Oh My God"

This is one of the worst songs I have ever heard in my life. I didn't think it was possible to butcher a fairly ordinary song, but I was wrong.

We will also look at the wheels for any damage that may need to be repaired.

electrical repair

We’re a dependable mobile repair service that can help you with everything from brake repairs to engine diagnostics.

truck brake service