Go to the NEW FORUM
Usually they do individual writer's lists only, but surprisingly the magazine has a staff list now, so here goes:
1) Gnarls Barkley - St. Elsewhere
2) TV On The Radio - Return To Cookie Mountain
3) My Chemical Romance - Welcome To The Black Parade
4) Justin Timberlake - FutureSex/LoveSounds
5) Clipse - Hell Hath No Fury
6) Dixie Chicks - Taking The Long Way
7) Bob Dylan - Modern Times
8) Lily Allen - Alright, Still
9) Cat Power - The Greatest
10) M. Ward - Post-War
So, they have a combo list and then an individual list for the Second Opinion?
Typically David Browne has done the main list, but since he is no longer at EW maybe they decided to do a staff list.
Yeah, it has one list written by Chris Willman, and one is for the entire staff. So I guess Entertainment Weekly will finally be eligible to be used for AM...I'm just a bit freaked out that 4 of my top 10 albums are on their list...does that mean I lose my Indie cred?
The 10 best singles of the year
1. Beyonce, "Irreplaceable"
2. Arctic Monkeys, "I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor"
3. T.I., "What You Know"
4. The Killers, "When We Were Young"
5. Nelly Furtado, "Promiscuous"
6. The Kooks, "Naive"
7. A.F.I., "Miss Murder"
8. The Faconteurs, "Steady As She Goes"
9. Hot Chip, "Boy From School"
10. Yeah Yeah Yeahs, "Gold Lion"
Here is a link of the singles list:
I don't know if those are an actual ranking or just a playlist order.