Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Superhints: Clear CD trays vs Black Ones

To improve the look of your CD collection, try replacing your black CD-trays with clear ones when the album has a white-based cover. I'm sure I'm the only person in the world who does this.

The most acclaimed album you can do this with is 'Revolver'. You can then sit back and imagine it's a newly remastered CD rather than one done twenty years ago. You can also replace that old misty case while you're at it.

Other acclaimed albums that can benefit from this system are Tori Amos's 'Little Earthquakes', Prince's 'Parade', and The Strokes' 'Is This It'.

The CD in question will usually have been issued before the mid-nineties, since when clear trays with additional designs behind them have been the norm.

Black trays began to make a slight comeback with that first Strokes album, as part of their whole retro statement (possibly).

Taking it a stage further, there are all sorts of different coloured trays you can buy but the clear ones are easier to get hold of. I've only got a couple of those including Van Morrison's 'Saint Dominic's Preview' in a blue tray which looks amazing.

I promise my next post will be about actual music.