Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
what I make of the top 10 albums of all time

I have never listened to either Pet Sounds or What's Going On but ,however, own the other 8 albums in the top 10. I feel that Revolver, London Calling, Exile on Main Street, Blonde on Blonde, and Nevermind are rightly deserving of their spots in the top 10, while, even though one may want to hit me for saying it, Sgt. Pepper belongs in the 10-20 range since I feel the white album and abbey road to be superior, and deserving of a spot in the top 10, replacing the sex pistols(the biggest waste of 10 bucks in my life). I bought because it was ranked 8 on this list, but I must say that I was gravely disappointed by it, while London Calling blew me away. On a last note, I do not know what to make of the Velvet Underground. It is not a bad album, but just bizarre, and one that I will have to peel slowly to see, but I have not quite disected the album 100%. Maybe it is an album that does not satisfy a 17 year old kid as easily as some other classic rock albums, but I have still not figured out what to make of it. Other albums that could potentially deserve a spot in the top 10 are Ziggy Stardust, Dark Side of the Moon, and Are You Experienced, but they still rank respectably anyhow.

Re: what I make of the top 10 albums of all time

You're walking the right path, Remy. For a 17 years old, "VU & Nico" certainly takes his time - just like "Eraserhead" or asparagus soup. Get over your doubts, lean beack and experience - and get "What's Going On" immediately. Or “Here, My Dear", for that matter.

Re: what I make of the top 10 albums of all time

i've never got Nevermind personally, it's good but not the 3rd greatest album of all-time. In Utero is much better. I've never got punk either so London Calling and NMTB i don't like. Sgt Peppers is way overated and definatly shouldn't be in the top 50. Revolver is great though

The best album i've ever heard is Neutral milk Hotel's In The Aeroplane Over The Sea, which currently sits at #623, and OK COmputer is my 2nd fabvourite and that's currently #14 and Loveless should be way higher than #77