Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
EOY 2005 according to 67 Norwegian critics

Dagsavisen/Nye Takter have published their critics list from 2005. However, what makes there list more important than all other Norwegian critics list is that they have asked 67 critics, from most important Norwegian media, to publish their lists. So this list is really, more than anything else, the vote from the Norwegian critics 2005, and IMO should be weighed differently from all other Norwegian critics list. (This does of course go for the older Nye Takter/Dagsavisen lists as well, as all of them are the same kind of general Norwegian critics lists as this one)

The album list is here:
http://www.dagsavisen.no/nyetakter/article1865289.ece

The singles list is here:
http://www.dagsavisen.no/debatt/article1865370.ece

Re: EOY 2005 according to 67 Norwegian critics

"Hung Up" as the best single of 2005? That's laughable. It's not even the best song on that album, and it certainly doesn't rank among her best hits. Critics love to drool over Madonna.

:cue JRKing:

I'd definitely put "Hung Up" in the top 3 singles of 2005, if not number 1.

In my opinion, it isn't even close to being among the best songs on an otherwise excellent album.

But then, that just reflects my opinion on sampling in general.. :)

I'd put "Hung Up" in the top 5 on the album, but I would agree that it isn't the best.

Oh, Jason...

you'll never come to terms with M and the critical adoration, will ya? ;)

I'd definoitely put HU among the best singles of the year. It's infectious, adventurous (thanks to its use of the Abba sample) and it just gets ya groovin'. Whether I'd put it as the top single of the year, is a different story. But, can't blame anyone who loves it. :)

Madonna has had a handful of singles that are more infectious and adventerous than "Hung Up," and she has a few songs on the album that are more infectious and adventerous.

And I can understand people liking the song, but the best single of the year? Please.

Had it been "Sorry", then it would have been close to my Top 10 singles of the year at least.