Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2005 albums

What album of 2005 are you looking forward to listen ?
For me, it's the new Mercury Rev album.

Re: 2005 albums

Billy Corgan's solo album
Jimmy Chamberlin's band's album.

Mercury Rev and Flaming Lips new albums

I'm looking forward the two new System of a Down albums "Hypnotize" and "Mesmerize".

Flaming Lips and Spoon mostly. I've heard some bad things about the new Trail of Dead album or I would list them as well. I'm also interested in the two Bright Eyes albums being released on the same day.

Not to mention the new releases by The Strokes and Franz Ferdinand that are being recorded for release in 2005. It's always interesting to see how long 'buzz bands' can keep it up. I think if The Strokes can record another solid album, they should be able to erase the seeds of doubt in the minds of the non-converts.

The new Fiona Apple album (assuming her company finally releases it)

Fiona Apple ? Another white artist !

The new album by Low "The Great Destroyer" is excellent - look out for it this month. The album I'm most looking forward to this year is the new Kate Bush album. Kate has finally announced that it will be out sometime this year.

I'm really curious about Bloc Party's album. I loved their EP and I wonder if they'll be able to produce a consistent album. If so, they already take an option on the top spot for 2005.

the bloc party album is excellent. The LCD soundsystem one is really amazing. the Mercury Rev is good but not as good as deserter's songs.
I can't wait for the new beck, the kills & Gorillaz albums that should come soon

The long awaited comeback of the queen of alternative rock Kate Bush.

Re: Re: 2005 albums

Looking forward to the new Oasis album in May and The Flaming Lips.

Oasis album should be interesting as Noel has allowed contributions from all 4 members. Liam's songs were some of the better ones on 2002's 'Heathen Chemistry'.

As far as The Flaming Lips, I actually liked 'The Soft Bulletin' better than 'Yoshimi'.

are The Strokes due this year?

I'll be looking for new albums by Tori Amos,Beck,Garbage,Mars Volta and Queens Of The Stone Age.

Don't Believe The Truth by Oasis is very good. Best they have done in 10 years. Way better than dull X&Y by Coldplay.

Kasabian album is fantastic also.

I dont't understand all the hype around the new Oasis album. Are you working for the NME ?
Their last album is IMO the worst album they ever make.

Hmmm...

I'm really looking forward to this little album, that's supposedly going to be called "Confessions on a Dancefloor." It's by some woman who makes the grandest of pop, whose also known as Madge. Or is it Esther?

The albums I'm looking forward are : Black Rebel Motorcycle Cub, Super Furry Animals, Baxter Dury, The Warlocks, Broadcast, Paul McCartney, Supergrass, My Morning Jacket, Franz Ferdinand, Nada Surf, Sigur Ros, Brian Wilson's Christmas album and many others that will be released before the end of the year.

Other albums soon released among my favourites : Dandy Warhols, Richard Hawley, Broken Social Scene and Brian Jonestown Massacre.

Super furry animals *****
kind of pink floyd but it sounds like a original masterpice

Black Rebel Motorcycle Cub***
i have to listen again

Supergrass***
dont get your hopes on this one

im also waiting for the Franz Ferdinand, Paul McCartney and sigur new albums but for my the best realese so far is for Gorillaz Demon days

Have you heard the Supergrass album? Why do you say "dont get your hopes up on this one"?

The new Supergrass LP is great, their most mature and studied effort to date.

How have so many people heard it, it's not released for 2 weeks. I have it on order...

Maybe It Leaked...

lot of times, an album leaks before the official release date,

There are things like leaks, promos etc. Tonight I'm going to a party in club in Warsaw - they announced that the new Supergrass record will be played in full.

mmm what´s the name of the new supergrass album?
I´m from Mexico, and the band is largely unknown round here ( even though "alright" was used on an ice cream tv ad) but i just heard their "best of" album and i think it´s amazing

The new Supergrass album is called Road to Rouen, and it pretty good, though I do think In It For The Money is their best

The word on the street is that Dr. Dre has been working on a great album for a few years now that might be even better than the Chronic. But then again it could be a rumor, so don't blame me if it's not true.%20void(0);