The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The 2011 Year-End Songs Poll - Results

What is the 8 songs who don't make the 100 ?
Thanks.

Nice work as usual, Dan. Nice to see a kick-ass rock song win.

I think a lot of people would agree that this is the most unpredictable list we've had in a while. Seeing two of my top three songs ("Second Song" and "The Words That Maketh Murder") reach the top 10 when they were more-or-less ignored by critics is really encouraging.

Lonely Boy caught me completely off guard as the winner. If I had to guess before the poll, I would have thought it would have finished around 20. But I'm not at all disappointed to see it win.

Awesome presentation, Dan. Very very elegant, with all the pictures exactly the same size. And an excellent selection of pictures!
And great list, much better than the critic's one! Glad to see "The Glorious Land" in its deserved placement. It was my favourite song from the album since I heard the drum sample that opens the song (taken from The Police's "The Bed's Too Big Without You"). Congratulations everyone...

Great presentation!! What a lot of #2 votes!!

Very neat presentation (like Honorio said, the pictures are done beautifully, but also the layout in general) and (mostly) nice surprises. Thanks Dan.

1) Many thanks to Dan M for his work and its timeliness: he has complied with the timing that was committed

2) The best of these results is that they are unpredictable. In other polls, when we reached the top five, and there is no uncertainty.

3) Lonely Boy goes up and up and up to each listener. The video fills you with joy

4) My only disappointment. The song Marvin's Room (Drake) is my number one but it was only number 86 in the survey. = The forum does not appreciate too the black music: sophisticated, elegant, exciting, "heart and soul."

Romain
What is the 8 songs who don't make the 100 ?

Björk | Thunderbolt
Drake | Headlines
June Tabor & Oysterband | Love Will Tear Us Apart
Kouyaté - Neerman | Requiem pour un con
Nicki Minaj | Super Bass
Ry Cooder | Dirty Chateau
Tante Hortense & Revista do Samba | Le bel amant du Berry
The Weeknd | The Morning

Honorio
the drum sample that opens the song (taken from The Police's "The Bed's Too Big Without You")
I didn't know the drums were sampled. The guitars are what make the song so great though IMO. I've never heard anything so simultaneously intense and subtle.