Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Let England Shake wins Mercury Prize

The greatest album of the year, deservedly, won the award. Harvey is the first artist to achieve a double-win after becoming the first female to win in 2001 for Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea. She also could've won for To Bring You My Love or Rid of Me, since both were nominated in 1995 and 1993, respectively. PJ Harvey has been a living legend to me for a good time, but now i guess it's not a hyperbole to call her the greatest female artist of all time. She's a living legend and haven't show signs of slowing creative force. White Chalk is a lost masterpiece and proof of the bold steps forward that Harvey does to reinvent herself. No other contemporary has the guts to do what she's doing, now. Rather the sound of 2011, Harvey has something that none of the nominees or many of this year's record haven't: the sound of timelessly.

Re: Let England Shake wins Mercury Prize

Song of the year. Haven't stopped listening to it since February.

Jackson
Song of the year. Haven't stopped listening to it since February.

Patti Smith said about that particular song:

"[I've been] listening to Polly Harvey's new song - she has this new song, 'The Words That Maketh Murder' - what a great song. It just makes me happy to exist. Whenever anyone does something of worth, including myself, it just makes me happy to be alive. So I listened to that song all morning, totally happy."

Huzzah! Congratulations on your Mercury Prize, PJ Harvey. You deserved it.