Author
Comment
UMT2: Champion

Past Tournament winners:
2003 - U2
2004 - The Rolling Stones
2006 - Led Zeppelin
2010 - The Beatles

2011 - The Beatles courtesy of a 27-14 (65.9% - 34.1%) win over Bruce Springsteen.

Thank you to all 40+ voters that participated in this years tournament. The Ultimate Music Tournament will be back next March, I have a few ideas on changing the format to make it fresh and exciting come next year.

Re: UMT2: Champion

Slick

Thank you to all 40+ voters that participated in this years tournament.

Well, I don't think ALL of us are that old (although I certainly am).

jk

Thanks for all the work you put into this, Slick. It was another fun ride.

Slick

Thank you to all 40+ voters that participated in this years tournament.

I can say "you're welcome" since last August. I'm a newbie in the 40+ club.

And thanks to you Slick, it's been a lot of fun

Slick
Past Tournament winners:
2003 - U2
2006 - Led Zeppelin
2010 - Jimi Hendrix

2011 - The Beatles courtesy of a 27-14 (65.9% - 34.1%) win over Bruce Springsteen.

Were those other UMT's (between 03-06) just email voters?

Listyguy
Slick
Past Tournament winners:
2003 - U2
2006 - Led Zeppelin
2010 - Jimi Hendrix

Were those other UMT's (between 03-06) just email voters?

It was... I did not discover AM until '06, after the tournament. I like the Jimi addendum in '10, I wish that were true.

Thank you for doing this again! I liked the decade-clash format.

I may have complained about the decade format a few times, but I don't think it was all bad; I quite enjoyed it most of the time actually. Gave us a new way to look at things and made some of the finalists very surprising. Looking forward to what you come up with next round!

Thanks you slick.
Can you put the first three by each year.
It's incredible how the members of the forum have changed : U2 in 2003...I think it's impossible to see again this band win something now.

In this format,there's no way anyone but the Beatles will ever win - there's too many people on this forum who have the Beatles as their #1 or #2 artist of all time...

Yeah, I agree with keeping former champions out, so somebody besides the Beatles can win.

It might be fun to have a 'Major league' and 'Minor league' draw. One with seeds 1-256, one with seeds 257-512.

Maybe you could compare 3 artists in every matchup. For example, you could 729 artists, and each round would be:

729 > 243 > 81 > 27 > 9 > 3 > 1

It would be hard to seed, so you could just assign the matchups randomly.

BillAdama
Yeah, I agree with keeping former champions out, so somebody besides the Beatles can win.

It might be fun to have a 'Major league' and 'Minor league' draw. One with seeds 1-256, one with seeds 257-512.
We really should have a divisions game. I think I'll set up just a small one to see if there's any interest in my idea.

Thanks Slick! I enjoyed the ride.

Yes, thanks Slick!