Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RIP Gil-Scott Heron

Reports have come in this morning that the man has passed away.

Very sad news indeed - a troubled man sure, but a revolutionary and exceptionally gifted poet.

Re: RIP Gil-Scott Heron

RIP!

It seems like almost every legendary artist release a great comeback album and then die soon after. Isn't that strange?

Henrik
RIP!

It seems like almost every legendary artist release a great comeback album and then die soon after. Isn't that strange?

In Scott-Heron's case, TWO comeback albums - We're New Here, the remix album of last year's top-3000-bound I'm New Here on which he collaborated with Jamie Smith of The xx, has been almost as acclaimed as its predecessor and could end up on plenty of EOY lists for 2011.

R.I.P., indeed.

In the words of LCD Soundsystem -

Gil!
Scott!
Heron!

Zorg
In the words of LCD Soundsystem -

Gil!
Scott!
Heron!

weird. but these exactly were my thoughts, too. did something today that i hadn't done for a long, long time. i hit the repeat button. Winter In America's worth it.

NOOOOO! You just ruined my good mood. My heart quite literally felt like it broke in half at the moment of rading this. Oh, well. We all die, but this was super unexpected.

I'm afraid we're in an era where many legendary artists will soon die. Scott-Heron, Captainn Beefheart, Alex Chilton...RIP to all of them