Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Top 10 Sexiest Women In Music

Post your top 10 sexiest women in music. Past or present.

Re: Top 10 Sexiest Women In Music

1.Michelle Phillips
2.Isobel Campbell
3.Cat Power
4.Nancy Sinatra
5.Zooey Deschanel
6.Poe
7.Aimee Mann
8.Miki Berenyi
9.Alison Goldfrapp
10.Debbie Harry

In no particular order:
1.Scarlett Johansson (yes,she's done an album)
2.Rihanna
3.Hilary Duff
4.Shania Twain(late 90s)
5.Britney Spears(before she went off the rails)
6.Christina Aguilera(early 2000s)
7.Geri Halliwell(early 2000s)
8.Hayley Williams
9.Carrie Underwood
10.Nelly Furtado

1. Britney at the top of her game
2. Jessica Simpson at her peak
3. Scarlett Johansson (forgot she counted)
4. Beyonce at the top of her game
5. Katharine McPhee
6. Taylor Swift
7. Nicole Scherzinger
8. Rashida Jones (barely cheating)
9. Hayden Panettiere
10. Aly Michalka

I was very much thinking along the same lines as Tim E, but then I saw Midaso's post. And, well, Midaso's right.

1. Zooey Deschanel
2. Aimee Mann
3. Helena Noguerra
4. Michelle Phillips
5. Françoise Hardy
6. Sandie Shaw
7. Helena Miquel
8. Cat Power
9. Isobel Campbell
10. Dominique Durand

drewcannon3
1. Britney at the top of her game
2. Jessica Simpson at her peak

Oh yeah - forgot her. How could I forget this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HIEfP5mX_s

Thought I'd link to our previous discussion of this topic. It was proposed that we have a hot men of music topic also, but that never got off the ground.

I'm only going to include women I have crushed on based upon their musical work (including album covers, promotional photos, music videos, singing and dancing in musical films and, of course, their voice/musicianship). This excludes Johannson, who is undeniably sexy, but largely because of various cleavage-baring red carpet dresses and that opening scene in Lost in Translation, rather than from Tom Waits covers. So even though I am crushing on Charlotte Gainsbourg currently, I'll exclude her because that is more to do with The Science of Sleep and less to do with IRM (an album that I actually do like a lot).

Note, these are my crushes... an important subset of the overly large number of women who I think are cute, pretty, sexy, and/or hot. So to that extent, I suppose I'm off topic, although all of these women are sexy in one way or another. In chronological order (when I developed my crush):

1) Olivia Newton-John as virginal Sandy Dumbrowski... my wife thinks it says a lot about me that 9 year old Schwah much preferred Sandy before the perm and leather get-up.

2) Susanna Hoffs - In particular, at this exact moment:

3) Ginger Rogers - She wan't the prettiest (although undoubtedly pretty), and even though she was a great dancer, it wasn't the dancing. It was the incredibly flirtatious interplay between her and Astaire in both their dialogue and their singing.

4) Michelle Phillips - Based entirely on her California golden-haired looks, which epitomized a certain ideal for me at a certain age.

5) Blossom Dearie - Again, like Rogers, she's not the prettiest. Certainly not the flashiest. Just quietly, flirtatiously, sexy. Lots of promise of things to come.

6) Nina Gordon/Louise Post - I couldn't decide between them, and in my dirtiest fantasies I did not have to. (Did I say that out loud?)

7) Justine Frischman - The yin...

8) Sarah Cracknell - ...and yang of British temptresses.

9) Mary Weiss - I've already sung her praises enough on these boards. When I say I'm in love, you best believe I'm in love, L-U-V.

10) Tammi Terrell - She's really cute, and her performances with Gaye were such magic.

I like them too

Marilyn Monroe

Brigitte Bardot

Jane Birkin

Joanna Newsom

Marianne Faithfull

Neko Case

Fiona Apple

Liz Phair

Laura Nyro in her Eli days. Then she stopped caring about her looks - ironically that's when people started to photograph her

Sorry i don't know how to deal with images and not make them look big.

Anna Karina

Schwah
my wife thinks it says a lot about me that 9 year old Schwah much preferred Sandy before the perm and leather get-up.

I did/do, too!

Does Maryln Monroe count for singing Happy Brithday to Kennedy?

Listyguy
Does Maryln Monroe count for singing Happy Brithday to Kennedy?

Hell Yeah!

And her musical moments in films! Her "Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend" is iconic, i guess it qualifies!

Here is my list, complete with appropriate video links!

1. Janet Jackson
2. Deborah Harry
3. Natasha Khan
4. Sade
5. Aaliyah
6. Gwen Stefani
7. Lady Miss Kier
8. Madonna
9. Joan Jett (particularly at the top of the stairwell at 0:12)
10. Lisa "Left Eye" Lopez

I need to think about my top 10, but at the top of the list would be...

Harriet Wheeler from The Sundays & Belinda Carlisle circa 1986 - 1991.

I've always like Meg White.
Baby Spice
Shirley Manson from Garbage
Jewel
Alicia Keys
Nina Persson of The Cardigans
Shakira
Faith Hill

You could probably turn this into a top 50...

I would have sounded like a total perve if I listed her but Cherie Currie grew up into a gorgeous sex symbol in the 80s and even through last decade she was a total MILF. Another sex symbol in the trashiest sense was Wendy O' Williams. Not to be confused with the trashy talk show host.

Britney Spears was sexy, but I never found Jessica Simpson that sexy. Yeah, a still of her looks sexy, but part of sexiness is charisma and gesture style. She has an ugly gesture style. Ditto Fergie.

Madonna, definitely. I'm having trouble coming up with a lot of names because I don't see pictures of pop stars that often. Rihanna, yes. I suppose all those pop stars are probably sexy, or else they wouldn't have a contract. I don't know, I prefer it when women look like they're not wearing makeup.

FRANCOISE HARDY!

See more here.

Moonbeam
Lady Miss Kier

she and Betty Boo were theeee Awesomenuss of 1990's bubblegum house meets 60s retro chic... thus quooodowwz, indeed, Sir Michigan.

Moonbeam
Lisa "Left Eye" Lopez

#10..huh... how dare you, sir, how dare you? best. button. eyes. evah.... janet on the other hand... nuun, Meh Land's supposed to be a rhythm nation, too, but. not./i repeat:/ NOT button eyes.
..rather stupid marky mark remarks (circa double stupid burton remake)..

btw, it's spelt J-A-N-E-W-I-E-D-L-I-N, not Carlisle, you more-ons..

Schwah
Thought I'd link to our previous discussion of this topic.

Yes, Schwah, it was in 2008 and there was also another previous discussion in 2006.
It seems that every 2 or 3 years we enter in a sexy mood.

My Top 10 (or probably I should say my Top 4-3-2-1):

4. Blondes have more fun:

Michelle Phillips: California dreamin' on a winter's day

Nico: linger on... your pale blue eyes

Nina Persson: Swede girls are pretty, isn't it, Henrik?

Christina Rosenvinge: but Spanish girls are pretty too

3. Black is the color:

Sade: my all-time number one. Smooth...

Beyoncé: it could seem the most obvious choice but I think I’m the first one voting for her

Lauryn Hill: afro blue

2. But gentlemen marry brunettes:

Françoise Hardy: I’m not sure about putting her in the blondes or the brunettes section. But one thing I’m sure is that she belongs to this Top 10. My all-time number two.

Björk: not beautiful or sexy in the conventional sense but this half childish half sophisticated look makes her very attractive to me.

1. And, last but no least, a redhead: Neko Case

Kate Bush <3