Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
UMT#2 Brackets:

I have been sitting back for the past couple of weeks figuring out a good time to start UMT#2. I was thinking Monday. Any thoughts?

I have done a couple of things to change up the tournament:

1.) I have reduced the # of artists from 1024 to 512.
2.) I have taken the list of 1024 artists based on last year's results, AM ranking & Top 100 lists from voters and placed them into 4 regions based loosely on their debut album or single and what decade they began in.
3.) The 4 Regions are made up of 8 brackets (16 artists each):
~~~ 50's / 60's
~~~ 70's
~~~ 80's
~~~ 90's / 00's

Re: UMT#2 Brackets:

Yeah,Monday's OK for me

I don't like the grouping. Now Hendirx can't make it back to the finals . (Time for another shit storm) and I find that 00's music is much worse than 60/70/80's.

Does this mean that the some of the artists you listed that had made it (I believe you listed artists with letter A or B), are no longer in it?

Moonbeam
Does this mean that the some of the artists you listed that had made it (I believe you listed artists with letter A or B), are no longer in it?

You mean this thread with all those spam posts: http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3172289350&frmid=10&msgid=1109595&cmd=show

"Ladies and gentlemen we have comedy on the forum" - classic...

I decided 1024 artists are too many. 6 months from beginning to end.

I agree. 1024 sounds good in principle, but this competition doesn't have any "You must be familiar with both artists to vote" rule, and anybody who has heard of one artist and not the other just votes for the one they've heard. Unless a rule like that is instituted, it's better to start with mostly artists most music fans know about.

I think 90's/00's artists are underrated in general, but I also think most of the favorites to win are 60's artists.

Slick
I decided 1024 artists are too many. 6 months from beginning to end.

Dang it! I was looking to voting for Annie over someone like The Who and Bat for Lashes over someone like The Eagles.

What if Annie went up against Eurythmics???

Slick
What if Annie went up against Eurythmics???

You would be a cruel, cruel man.

On second thought, that would mean that Annie advanced from the 00s and Eurythmics advanced from the 80s. I'd be rather chuffed, actually!