Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What a terrible half time show.

Does anyone else think that was the worst halftime performance in several years? The Black Eyed Peas sounded terrible, even with autotune. Slash's guitar playing and Usher's dancing, especially when he jumped over will.i.am, were both good. However, this only underscored the weakness of the Black Eyed Peas, having to resort to other entertainers to make their show suck less.

Re: What a terrible half time show.

It wasn't good by any means, but I'm all for putting new acts out there instead of believing that music stopped being made in 1978.

Haha yeah,it sucked. But even worse was Christina Aguilera mangling the national anthem before the game...

It was truly horrific. I wanted to throw things at the TV, not that such a thing is unusual when I see Fuggie.

Nonetheless, they were even worse than I anticipated. Also, it's sad that they get one shot to perform on such a huge stage, and they rely on a COVER and SOMEONE ELSE's musicianship for the "highlight". And actually, that Dirty Dancing thing is essentially a cover too. And that surfing song.

I think this sums up my feelings for the BEPs, and Fuggie in particular:

Midaso
Haha yeah,it sucked. But even worse was Christina Aguilera mangling the national anthem before the game...

That was awful. Can she sing? Yes. Does she how to use that voice in a good way? Hell no, she oversings A LOT. And she did sing the anthem wrong, so things were even worse. Honestly, it was a pretty crappy halftime, give me Janet and wardrobe malfunction anyday, she was lyp-syncing, but at least she had some moves and a nice track, unlike BEP.

HRS
Midaso

That was awful. Can she sing? Yes. Does she how to use that voice in a good way? Hell no, she oversings A LOT. And she did sing the anthem wrong, so things were even worse. Honestly, it was a pretty crappy halftime, give me Janet and wardrobe malfunction anyday, she was lyp-syncing, but at least she had some moves and a nice track, unlike BEP.

Janet rules!

I can only pray that the negative press I've seen for this performance gives the BEPs the kind of backlash Janet got.

Frankly, I like Black Eyed Peas. And I think Fergie is hotter than Katy Perry, Taylor Swift and all those other lilywhite girly girls lumped together.

Moonbeam

Janet rules!

I can only pray that the negative press I've seen for this performance gives the BEPs the kind of backlash Janet got.

Janet Jackson hasn't 1/3 of the voice of Aguilera, but five times or more the artistry. Hopefully she will get back on track, Velvet Rope was superb as anything that came before. And hopefully Aguilera will finally realize that having a good voice doesn't make a great artist and she is not half of the legend she is. She is very arrogant and thinks she is the best thing to come out in music since the 90s, maybe she hasn't checked AM yet. Oh Oh, and Glee chick couldn't sing either, cracked a lot. Honestly, these girls focus so much on technique that forget the passion. Haven't they watched Black Swan, yet? It's all about the passion. To quote Lily: They really need to relax.

Black Eyed Peas's new album is not selling well AT ALL, my friend is a huge fan and keeps talking all the time how much of a flop it is. He keeps praying that the next single turn things around. The Halftime show included songs from their previous album, which many people think is still their most recent release. Their lead single The Time is neither a big hit in the vein of their previous or a flop - and it received some steam after the Super Bowl, so a second single might mess things up now. It's not 2009 all over for the Peas - good for us.

Mindrocker
Frankly, I like Black Eyed Peas. And I think Fergie is hotter than Katy Perry, Taylor Swift and all those other lilywhite girly girls lumped together.

About Fergie being hot, she is. I still think Katy Perry is hotter though, too bad the albums can't match these girls' beauty.

I intentionally missed the show. I went out to run an errand at the start of halftime.

I did see some of the dancing through the windows of bars. Their choreography looks even more ridiculous if you can't hear the music.

I'm not against using modern acts, but they should use modern acts that have a fan base of more than just top 40 listeners.

The worst part is that after the halftime show the NFL aired a commercial using the Black Keys' "Howlin' for You." It was like the NFL wanted to rub it in that they're aware that good music exists, but they're not going to put it in the halftime show.

As We See on Acclaimed Music...

Ms. Aguilera has yet to make an album that's regarded as a classic. Same for Britney Spears, though (Blackout, her most acclaimed, still isn't a top 3000 entry).

Janet Jackson indeed has gotten off th track- the 2000s were not goof for her, artistically. She's probably my second or third top female, but what gets me is the constant rehashing in her tours. Michael Jackson was the same. I know some fans love seeing the classic moves from the videos over and over again, but I'd like some change.

Re: As We See on Acclaimed Music...

The national anthem was much worse than the halftime show, a complete train wreck even aside from the mangled line.

I enjoyed the entertainment value of having Slash and Usher appear unexpectedly, but Fergie's shout-singing was abysmal. I didn't have any sort of expectations for the performance, though, so I can't say I was disappointed.

I'm just glad I finally got to see the Captain America and Thor movie trailers.

I would rather see Pete Townshend's gut jiggle a million times while he tries to do windmills again then watch the Black Eyed Peas again.

Jonathon

Super 8!!

Fuggie hot?

That meth-face looks like a Farscape character to me.

Moonbeam
Fuggie hot?

She has her pretty momentos, but nothin like Katy Perry! Too bad she doesn't have the talent to back it up, though.

HRS
Moonbeam
Fuggie hot?

She has her pretty momentos, but nothin like Katy Perry! Too bad she doesn't have the talent to back it up, though.

Scraty Perry is almost as bad on the ears as Fuggie. I don't think she's all that looks-wise, either, to be honest. At least she doesn't resemble a mutant, though.

Moonbeam
HRS
Moonbeam
Fuggie hot?

Scraty Perry is almost as bad on the ears as Fuggie. I don't think she's all that looks-wise, either, to be honest. At least she doesn't resemble a mutant, though.

Really? I do think she's hot, especially without the heavy makeup! But i don't think she's beautiful. that would go to Anne Hathaway, Emily Blunt, Audrey Tatou and Michelle Williams was pretty cute in Blue Valentine, but those women are not HOT. Katy is not pretty, but she has a nice body as evidenced in every clip of hers.

HRS

Audrey Tatou

Yes.

Moonbeam

not everyone pulls a Tracy card, you show-off..

nj
Jonathon

Super 8!!

Do we even know what that's about yet?

nj
Moonbeam

not everyone pulls a Tracy card, you show-off..

Jonathon

E.T. on anabolic steroids, i guess

Moonbeam
HRS

Audrey Tatou

Yes.

My reason to want to meet french women. I have to learn french anyway, so it's a win win! I think she is so beautiful. I also think that "old classics" (OMG can i call them that? ) like Jane Birkin, Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly and Brigitte Bardot also rule and run circles around the likes of Perry and Fergie. There was no photoshop, back in the day, no way that was fake!

nj
Jonathon

E.T. on anabolic steroids, i guess

sexy.

I'm not sure who played worse:
The Steelers or the Peas.
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Listyguy
I'm not sure who played worse:
The Steelers or the Peas.
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the Steelers played as bad as the BEP,the score would have been like 48-7,not 31-25...

30 posts and I still do not know what are you talking about ?
Some helps ?!

Romain
Some helps ?!
lol- The Black Eyed Peas played during the Super Bowl (American football) and apparently were awful. The game was the most watched program in television history. Both the Peas and Aguilera (who mis-sang a line during the National Anthem- it will haunt her forever) blew their chances in front of a mass audience.

Brad
Romain
Some helps ?!
lol- The Black Eyed Peas played during the Super Bowl (American football) and apparently were awful. The game was the most watched program in television history. Both the Peas and Aguilera (who mis-sang a line during the National Anthem- it will haunt her forever) blew their chances in front of a mass audience.

Oh thanks...and I had heard but I don't make the link.
Thanks.

So... Nickelback next year?

Penguin
So... Nickelback next year?

To quote Donald Trump, "You're fired."

There's been a bit of talk of the original Guns N'Roses reforming for next year's superbowl. Got me thinking of who else could be candidates:
The Foo Fighters
Kings Of Leon
Coldplay
Lady Gaga
Taylor Swift
Glee Cast
Bon Jovi
Elton John
Dave Matthews Band
The Eagles
John Mellencamp