Go to the NEW FORUM
It's time for our traditional end of year poll.
Dear Petri, I will copy/paste the rule you wrote past year because I'm too lazy to write them myself :
1) List your 10-20 favorite albums of the year in order.
2) Give each album in top 10 a score up to 30 points. The positions 11-20 can have a score between 1 and 5 points. You can also send your top 20 (or top anything) and only give points to your top 10.
3) The total points given out for your (10-20) albums can not exceed 100.
4) To be eligible, you must submit at least five albums on your list.
5) For every album you are under 10, you must subtract five points from the total 100 you are allowed to give out. For example, if you list eight albums, then you are only allowed to give out a total of 90 points to those albums.
6) The ballots will be due before Friday January the 14th at midnight GMT, with results to follow shortly thereafter.
7) E-mail your ballot email@example.com or to my Facebook mailbox. I will reply with a confirmation and to let you know if your ballot doesn't add up correctly.
Here we go, waiting for your ballots !
only 14 days ???
As the next decade poll starts on February 1st, could it be possible to postpone the deadline to january 31st ?
I need a month to catch up and listen to many albums in my wishlist.
What do you think ???
Last year we had one month from december 15 to january 15
So, end of january ? anybody ?
If the date goes to January 31st, i could relisten to 2010 records together with the ones of the 00s during the month. It would fit very well to me.
Let's make it January 31st then !
Is anyone going to vote for "The Promise"? I submitted my list but I just realized I left The Boss off my list.
Well, I decided I won't include it because it isn't a real new album.
Yeah, that's what I figured initially as well. Is it eligible for AM though?
Submitted my list!
PS: Dunno, but are people forgetting this poll?
No, just trying to listen to more music!
List submitted !
Man, I listed my 2010 favorites, but in another thread asking the same thing, though it wasn't a poll. Let me find that one and copy/paste. It has 30 albums. Feel free to just count the top 20.
Sean Pak: Do read the rules, just a top 20 won't do any good. You need to give the albums points.
Oh I know, I meant copy/paste into an e-mail, and I didn't feel the need to add that I'd do all the other requisite things mentioned, but that I'd give scores for all 30. Sorry, I could be so wordy at times and at other times I'm too succinct.
Gotcha, the "feel free to just count the top 20" threw me off.
Just sent mine out. Let me know if I made a mistake.
23 ballots received so far, with 124 different albums cited. Only 16 albums have received more than 30 points, and one of the albums of the current AM top 10 is not even in our top 25 !
Waiting for more ballots, you have one week left.
I only have a work related email address, and it can only be used for work at work. Could I just plop my picks down on this thread?
You are aware that email is free and that it's 2011?
No intent to be rude with that response it's just a shocker!
So, 35 ballots received, if your name does not appear below and you have sent me one... well, try again !
Vanilla Fire 1000
I will accept ballots until tomorrow noon forum time.
Time to place your bet, I doubt anybody can figure the top 10... but well, it changes with almost every ballot.
To give you an idea : 6 ballots ago, our current #4
was 2nd with a pretty large margin.
There is only 5 points between #9 and #11 ans 4 points between #15 and #19.
So if you have not voted yet, you should, any vote can have a big impact on the results, and any position can still change, except our leader which can no longer be beaten (well, anything is possible but it has so much advance that it seems very unlikely)
I sent mine !
Nassim, je l'ai envoyé ds ta boîte Facebook
My guess at the top 15:
1/ Sufjan Stevens
2/ Kanye West
3/ Janelle Monae
4/ LCD Soundsystem
5/ Arcade Fire
6/ The National
9/ Joanna Newsom
10/ Sleigh Bells
11/ Beach House
13/ Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti
15/ Big Boi
My guess at the top 15.....
1. Kanye West
2. Janelle Monae
3. LCD Soundsystem
4. Arcade Fire
5. The National
6. Beach House
8. Sufjan Stevens
9. Big Boi
10. Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti
11. Sleigh Bells
12. Joanna Newsom
15. Flying Lotus