Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
EOY Polls?

Around this time of year, we usually hold the Acclaimed Music "Pazz & Jop" end-of-year song and album polls...is there anyone who has already volunteered to run them? I seem to recall there being a thread about this several months ago, but I may be mistaken.

If you think you might want to do this (assuming it hasn't already been decided and I'm having a brain fart), having run the 2009 songs poll I can vouch for the fact that it is actually a lot of fun. I don't have the time to do it again, but if you think you might want to, go for it!

Re: EOY Polls?

I can't do it either.
Anybody else ? Or in january ?
It doesn't have to be a "pazz & jop" format BTW. We could also submit our top 10 or top 20 without the P&J point system (for instance we could use the point system used in the decade polls)
I like the idea of short lists though, as in the decade polls.

If nobody at all can find time for it, I can collate the results but I don't have the time to make a fancy presentation so the results will just be a simple list.

I can't run it, because I'll already be running Moderate, but if somebody puts all the votes onto a spreadsheet I will analyze the trends.

(Stephan, are you going to finish your prediction ballot? Yours would be the tenth.)

Done!

That's 10. Now the prize is official!

We also need someone for the 00s poll like we have done for the other decades ! That's my favorite decade but probability is high that 2011 will be a busy year for me (and I already hosted the 70s polls).

I can take the albums poll for 2010, but I will wait January, it's better if the end is ended. Would you prefer a classic poll or a Pazz & Jop ?

I prefer the Pazz & Jop style polls, it's more flexible and it's something different from the decade/all-time polls we have. It's also pretty easy to tabulate the results for whoever runs the polls.

I really like the two-stage polls we have done for songs (nomination round and final scoring), so I hope we'll do that again.

Thanks Nassim for taking the 2010 album poll

after all, I'm with the pazz & jop format for albums

I'll take the EOY songs list.

Whatever format for tabulating the votes is fine by me.

Great Jackson

Now all we need is someone to take the 2000s decade poll next year, from february to december. It's a long run job but it's a great job.

I think I'm going to do the following format for the songs poll.

In round 1, everyone nominates 10 songs. Each person's top 2 songs automatically make the second round, while the other eight songs must be nominated by at least one other person in order to make it. This way ensures everyone's absolute favorite songs make the list in addition to the consensus favorites.

In round 2, everyone gets a certain number of points to spread among up to 20 of the nominated songs. This would be pretty much identical to the way this part of the poll was run last year.

If anyone has any other thoughts or suggestions, comment here.

Nobody objected to my proposed system and Nassim started the albums poll, so I'll make the thread for the EOY songs poll tomorrow.

You may want to consider capping the number of songs eligible for the second round. If a lot of people participate there could easily be 60+ songs in Round 2, which could make participating more difficult and increase the bias against lesser-known songs.

I'd rather keep the old system of nominating 20 songs and keeping those with most nominations, first because I would rather vote for 20 songs than 10 and also because that would avoid black sheeps in the 2nd round !

But I'm fine in both case ^^

Thank you very much for providing important information to me. totkas to remove extra marital affairs