The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: EOY 2010 spreadsheet

I'm going to go ahead and begin filling in the gaps for the lists that I've already partially added to my copy of the spreadsheet. If it turns out to be unnecessary, so be it. But I have a feeling it won't be, and I want to get a head start.

Apologies for the delay. I had only added a couple more lists on my last visit, so if somebody else has started to run with this then no problem. Let me know before the weekend if that's the case, so that I may do my next round of additions or not. Otherwise I'll check back on this thread periodically and gladly jump back in if you tire. I have no reservations about continuing, but I understand also that people are eager for frequent updates, so no hard feelings if you've pressed on already.

Shaun
Apologies for the delay. I had only added a couple more lists on my last visit, so if somebody else has started to run with this then no problem. Let me know before the weekend if that's the case, so that I may do my next round of additions or not.

Thanks, Shaun. If it's OK with you, I'd like to go ahead and take over - as this thread indicates, I've been informally updating my own copy of the spreadsheet to see how the top performers were doing, and now I've started filling in the gaps in earnest. I finished adding about a dozen lists last night, and I've got about 3-4 dozen more that are already about half done from what I'd been doing previously. I'll post the complete list of what I'm working on a little later, and I should be able to send Henrik the spreadsheet to post before the weekend is over.

Shaun, thanks for getting this started and adding all the albums that are already there. You've done a terrific job, and I just hope I'm not stepping on any toes by doing this.

Sean Pak
I love how well that MGMT have been doing. I seemed to be one of the few to truly enjoy that album when it first arrived, nearly as much as Oracular Spectacular.
I'm with you on this one Sean - liked it immediately and haven't yet been able to comprehend the critical "backlash." A top 5 of the year for me.

Many, many thanks - to Shaun for the great work you've done, and to Harold for taking care of the coming update!

Harold Wexler
Shaun, thanks for getting this started and adding all the albums that are already there. You've done a terrific job, and I just hope I'm not stepping on any toes by doing this.

I'm not offended in the slightest by your initiative; the only thing that would sting is putting in hours of work needlessly, which I hadn't done much of yet. So, thanks for discussing your intentions here so that I didn't waste time and effort. If you get burnt out after a while and want to trade off like a relay race, let me know. Otherwise, happy collating.

1 2