Author
Comment
AM Survivor: Round 1, Week 9

I’m out of original ideas, so here’s who’s gone:
72. The Beatles (22 points)
71. Roxy Music (16)
70. David Bowie (16)
69. Elton John (12)
And who’s close to it: Velvet Underground (12), Frank Sinatra (11), Beastie Boys (10)
Note: Although Elton John and the VU finished tied with points, Elton appeared on more ballots.
Also of note: 3 of the artists that made it to the top 5 in the original AM Survivor are already gone.

Now, let the games begin! We are down to 68 artists. Here, please post four artists want you off the “Island” out of the remaining artists. Please see the Rules Thread for the complete set of rules. Remember that one artist get 4 points, the next gets 3, and so on.

Listyguy (who?) won the Immunity Challenge last week, so Jimi Hendrix and Led Zeppelin are immune this week.

The Remaining Artists:
Arcade Fire, The Beach Boys, Beastie Boys, Beck, Chuck Berry, Blur, James Brown, The Byrds, Johnny Cash, Ray Charles, The Clash, Leonard Cohen, Sam Cooke, Elvis Costello, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Miles Davis, The Doors, Nick Drake, Fleetwood Mac, Aretha Franklin, Marvin Gaye, Al Green, PJ Harvey, Jimi Hendrix, Buddy Holly & the Crickets, Michael Jackson, The Jam, Joy Division, The Kinks, Kraftwerk, Led Zeppelin, Bob Marley and the Wailers, Massive Attack, Curtis Mayfield, Van Morrison, New Order, Nirvana, OutKast, Pavement, Pixies, Portishead, Elvis Presley, Prince, Pulp, Radiohead, Otis Redding, Lou Reed, R.E.M., The Rolling Stones, Simon and Garfunkel, Frank Sinatra, Sly and the Family Stone, The Smashing Pumpkins, Elliot Smith,The Smiths, Sonic Youth, Bruce Springsteen, Steely Dan, The Stooges, Talking Heads, T. Rex, The Velvet Underground, Tom Waits, The White Stripes, The Who, Wilco, Stevie Wonder, Neil Young

Re: AM Survivor: Round 1, Week 9

-4 Tom Waits
-3 Massive Attack
-2 Beck
-1 Pixies

Same as last week...

(-4) The Velvet Underground
(-3) Nick Drake
(-2) Kraftwerk
(-1) Leonard Cohen

I mourn the loss of Roxy Music, but I cheer that they beat The Beatles.

-4 The Who
-3 Frank Sinatra
-2 Bob Marley
-1 Elvis Presley

-4 Frank Sinatra
-3 Elvis Presley
-2 Beastie Boys
-1 Buddy Holly and the Crickets

No special deals this week, I can be happy that I killed Bowie. The blood feud has been settled. Now I'm just targeting groups other people are also targeting that I don't like as much as the other acts.

BillAdama

No special deals this week, I can be happy that I killed Bowie.

You're welcome, Doucheneck. Next target-to-go: some 14 years old lesbian in a wheelchair, hope you're feeling happy now.

-4 Frank Sinatra
-3 Massive Attack
-2 Miles Davis:I may be voting for him for a while - I'm sure he's more talented than most other artists here,but jazz just ain't my thing...
-1 Kraftwerk

Always the same :
-4 Van Morrisson
-3 Fleetwood Mac
-2 Johnny Cash
-1 Bruce Springsteen

-4 Elvis Presley
-3 The Who
-2 Frank Sinatra
-1 New Order

-4 Steely Dan
-3 Elvis Costello
-2 Frank Sinatra
-1 Bob Marley and the Wailers

Same procedure as every year, James.

-4 The Byrds
-3 Buddy Holly & the Crickets
-2 The Who
-1 Wilco

-4 Sinatra
-3 Pulp
-2 Tom Waits
-1 PJ Harvey

-4 Steely Dan
-3 Tom Waits
-2 Frank Sinatra
-1 The Doors

The top two artists may be the only ones in the game I have deep distaste for.

-4 Massive Attack
-3 Steely Dan
-2 The Who
-1 Elvis Presley

-4 Fleetwood Mac
-3 Frank Sinatra
-2 Smashing Pumpkins
-1 Buddy Holly

-4 Fleetwood Mac
-3 Creedence Clearwater Revival
-2 Frank Sinatra
-1 James Brown

Midaso
-4 Frank Sinatra
-3 Massive Attack
-2 Miles Davis:I may be voting for him for a while - I'm sure he's more talented than most other artists here,but jazz just ain't my thing...
-1 Kraftwerk

No need to vote against Frank anymore as far as I can tell, he is already off the island based on Midaso's vote.

Henry
Midaso
-4 Frank Sinatra
-3 Massive Attack
-1 Kraftwerk

No need to vote against Frank anymore as far as I can tell, he is already off the island based on Midaso's vote.

Good point, I didn't realize he was taking that much of a beating when I -3'd him.

-4 The Doors
-3 Massive Attack
-2 Sonic Youth
-1 The Smiths

Loving all the Sinatra hate. Mission accomplished.

I wouldn't call it Sinatra hate so much as 'Lesser Sinatra like'.

BillAdama

Oh, I kinda hate his music.

Moonbeam
BillAdama

Oh, I kinda hate his music.

I would still take 24 straight hours of Sinatra over 1 Zappa song!!!!!

-4: The Velvet Underground
-3: The Doors
-2: The Smiths
-1: Kraftwerk

Screw you all, long live Sinatra!

Might as well take this opportunity for the first time in weeks Tom Waits hasn't been immune (and it could be our last opportunity for awhile):

4 - Tom Waits
3 - Steely Dan
2 - Massive Attack
1 - Beastie Boys

Henry (last week)
-4 Beastie Boys
-3 Pixies
-2 Velvet Underground
-1 Prince

Greg (last week)
-4 Velvet Underground
-3 Elton John
-2 Beastie Boys
-1 Arcade Fire

BillAdama (this week)
-4 Frank Sinatra
-3 Elvis Presley
-2 Beastie Boys
-1 Buddy Holly and the Crickets

Henry, although you have already voted, I noticed that last week, you, Greg and I were the only 3 people to vote for Beastie Boys, and they almost got the boot. Also, I noticed that BillAdama voted for them this week. If the four of us each send the Beastie Boys 4 points next week (week 10), they could easily be gone! What do you guys think?

-4 Beastie Boys (sorry Beastie fans, just trying to keep The Velvet Underground in the running)
-3 The Doors
-2 Steely Dan
-1 Nirvana

Stephan
-4 Beastie Boys (sorry Beastie fans, just trying to keep The Velvet Underground in the running)

I'm a big Beastie fan, but I certainly wouldn't complain if VU make it another week.

Daniel

Henry, although you have already voted, I noticed that last week, you, Greg and I were the only 3 people to vote for Beastie Boys, and they almost got the boot. Also, I noticed that BillAdama voted for them this week. If the four of us each send the Beastie Boys 4 points next week (week 10), they could easily be gone! What do you guys think?

I expect that next week, I will be voting against Waits, VU, Beastie Boys and Pixies - unless one of these is eliminated this week, or has immunity next week. Waits would likely get -4, and Beastie Boys -3 as far as I can tell today. But, that's just because I don't mind listening to the Beastie Boys nearly as much as I mind listening to Waits.

whatever happened, this week's voting is over