Author
Comment
Am Survivor: Round 1, Week 7

(In Honor of the World Series. Let’s Go rangers!) Who has Struck out:
80. Big Star (15 points)
79. The Band (14)
78. Little Richard (14)
77. John Coltrane (12)
Who has a full count: Pink Floyd (11), Tom Waits (11), Elton John (8), Ramones (7)
The Ramones have been dangling by a thread for three weeks now. J
Comments are now optional.

Now, let the games begin! We are down to 80 artists. Here, please post four artists want you off the “Island” out of the remaining artists. Please see the Rules Thread for the complete set of rules. Remember that one artist get 4 points, the next gets 3, and so on.

Billadama won the Immunity Challenge last week, so Tom Waits and the White Stripes are immune this week.

The Remaining Artists:
Arcade Fire, The Beach Boys, Beastie Boys, The Beatles, Beck, Chuck Berry, Blur, David Bowie, James Brown, The Byrds, Johnny Cash, Ray Charles, The Clash, Leonard Cohen, Sam Cooke, Elvis Costello, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Miles Davis, The Doors, Nick Drake, Fleetwood Mac, Aretha Franklin, Marvin Gaye, Al Green, PJ Harvey, Jimi Hendrix, Buddy Holly & the Crickets, Michael Jackson, The Jam, Elton John, Joy Division, The Kinks, Kraftwerk, Led Zeppelin, Bob Marley and the Wailers, Massive Attack, Curtis Mayfield, Van Morrison, New Order, Nirvana, OutKast, Pavement, Pink Floyd, Pixies, Portishead, Elvis Presley, Prince, Public Enemy, Pulp, Radiohead, Ramones, Otis Redding, Lou Reed, R.E.M., The Rolling Stones, Roxy Music, Simon and Garfunkel, Frank Sinatra, Sly and the Family Stone, The Smashing Pumpkins, Elliot Smith,The Smiths, Sonic Youth, Bruce Springsteen, Steely Dan, The Stooges, Talking Heads, T. Rex, The Velvet Underground, Tom Waits, The White Stripes, The Who, Wilco, Stevie Wonder, Neil Young, Frank Zappa/The Mothers of Invention

Re: Am Survivor: Round 1, Week 7

-4 Ramones
-3 The Byrds
-2 Buddy Holly & the Crickets
-1 The Who

-4 Miles Davis
-3 Massive Attack
-2 Public Enemy
-1 Portishead

-4 Pink Floyd
-3 David Bowie
-2 Frank Zappa
-1 Buddy Holly

Anyone who doesn't want Bowie to win should vote for him in force now. I consider him the odds on favorite with this group. If we ever want him out we better do it now.

-4 Pink Floyd
-3 Elton John
-2 The Who
-1 The Beatles

-4 Van Morrisson
-3 Fleetwood Mac
-2 Johnny Cash
-1 Bruce Springsteen

-4 Massive Attack
-3 Beastie Boys
-2 Public Enemy
-1 Pixies

BillAdama

Anyone who doesn't want Bowie to win should vote for him in force now. I consider him the odds on favorite with this group. If we ever want him out we better do it now.

Why is it Bowie and not the Beatles?

-4 Ramones
-3 Public Enemy
-2 New Order
-1 The Who

-4 Elton John
-3 Fleetwood Mac
-2 Buddy Holly
-1 Bob Marley

-4 Frank Sinatra (U2, Bob Dylan and Little Richard lost to this shit? COme on people, get with the program!)
-3 Pulp (One song doesn't make an artist.)
-2 Roxy Music (Vote for them before Moonbeam wins immunity again!)
-1 Tom Waits (That voice...)

Midaso
BillAdama

Why is it Bowie and not the Beatles?

Nobody wants the Beatles to win because they always win everything.

Listyguy

By the way, thanks for Waits Bill. I will be supporting you on the immunity challenges!

Listyguy
-4 Frank Sinatra (U2, Bob Dylan and Little Richard lost to this shit? COme on people, get with the program!)
-3 Pulp (One song doesn't make an artist.)
-1 Tom Waits (That voice...)

Tom Waits had immunity. Also, while "Common People" is light years ahead of anything else Pulp did, their albums "Different Class" and "This is Hardcore" are quite brilliant.

(-4) Zappa!!!
(-3) The Beatles ~~~ Getting started now, they will start getting minus 4's once Zappa is finally eliminated...
(-2) Kraftwerk
(-1) Leonard Cohen

Nick

Tom Waits had immunity. Also, while "Common People" is light years ahead of anything else Pulp did, their albums "Different Class" and "This is Hardcore" are quite brilliant.

Wow, I'm a retard! Alrighty, I guess i'll give the -1 to zappa.
How did I do that?

-4 The Ramones
-3 Massive Attack
-2 Sonic Youth
-1 Fleetwood Mac

4 - Beastie Boys
3 - Public Enemy
2 - Frank Zappa
1 - Ramones

Gillingham
-4 Ramones
-3 Public Enemy
-2 New Order
-1 The Who

As far as I can tell, the Ramones are officially off the island with Gillingham's vote.

-4 The Beatles
-3 Nirvana
-2 Radiohead
-1 T. Rex

Alright, guys...you need to start sending your votes towards Public Enemy and the Beastie Boys, or else the Beatles and Pink Floyd will be going home!

-4 Pink Floyd
-3 Frank Zappa
-2 Roxy Music
-1 The Doors

It'd be a bummer if The Beatles get eliminated.

Don't forget that one artist will be voted back in later on in the game!

If the Beatles are gone before then, there is no chance Zimmerman will win that vote to return into the game!

Daniel

If the Beatles are gone before then, there is no chance Zimmerman will win that vote to return into the game!

Vote 'em back in,the same people will just get rid of them again...

-4 Roxy Music
-3 Elvis Costello
-2 Steely Dan
-1 Elton John

Those just are the 4 artists I enjoy the less on the remaining list.
I don't like all those "strategic" votes, I like AM when you vote for what you really like (or here dislike, or like else). If that trend continues, I will stop voting here, it is becoming completely silly and, I dare say, a bit hysterical.

Nassim
I don't like all those "strategic" votes, I like AM when you vote for what you really like (or here dislike, or like else). If that trend continues, I will stop voting here, it is becoming completely silly and, I dare say, a bit hysterical.

I agree with that.

I will always vote unstrategically in AM games, but in Survivor it's kind of part of the game and everyone else seemed to be doing it so I figured I might as well join in.

Daniel
Alright, guys...you need to start sending your votes towards Public Enemy and the Beastie Boys, or else the Beatles and Pink Floyd will be going home!

Personally I like The Beatles and Floyd, to a point. I do like PE & Beasties more. Just as long as Zappa goes, I do not care who goes with him!!!!

Midaso
Vote 'em back in,the same people will just get rid of them again...

True, but by then the highest point value will be -2, so it will be harder to eliminate them.
Interesting convarsation about strategy. I personally vote the artists I don't like, or artists that are pissing me off (ie Radiohead after Paranoid Andriod beat Strawberry Fields Forever in Bracketology).
I think strategy is acceptable in this game...to a point.

Nassim
-4 Roxy Music
-3 Elvis Costello
-2 Steely Dan
-1 Elton John

Those just are the 4 artists I enjoy the less on the remaining list.

I'm no big fan of strategic voting, but it doesn't bother me at all. No need to get sanctimonious - it's a game that is (I think) supposed to be fun. At least that's my take.

Looks like Nassim's vote against Elton John boots Elton from the island.

SR
-4 Pink Floyd
-3 Frank Zappa
-2 Roxy Music
-1 The Doors

It'd be a bummer if The Beatles get eliminated.

Looks like SR's vote gets Pink Floyd off the island.

In most cases I hate strategic voting in these games. But, AM Survivor is the exception. I think AM Survivor is a game that encourages strategic voting. It's part of what makes it fun.

If you don't want strategy, don't call it 'Survivor'.

Is it possible for me to change my vote? If so, here is my new ballot:

4 - Public Enemy
3 - Massive Attack
2 - Frank Zappa
1 - Ramones

BillAdama
In most cases I hate strategic voting in these games. But, AM Survivor is the exception. I think AM Survivor is a game that encourages strategic voting. It's part of what makes it fun.

If you don't want strategy, don't call it 'Survivor'.

Well, if you want to call it 'Survivor' you should vote strategically but without knowing what everybody else has voted against.

Let's not get too serious about this game people. So far it has been fun, especially because of the unexpected results.

Just vote whatever you want.

-4 The Beatles
-3 Public Enemy
-2 Elton John
-1 Ramones

Goodbye, Pink Floyd :(
Goodbye, Beatles :(

My #1 and #2 picks voted out in one week!

Although the results are ridiculous, at least the game is THAT much more unpredictable.

STRATEGIC VOTING BLOCKS WORK!!
(too bad I'm the only Beatles fan on here that wants to do strategic voting )

Tweo things:
1. NEW RULE- No changing your vote. That is a real low blow, even if this game is about strategy.
2. I foyu want to keep you favorite artists in this game, DO THE IMMUNITYT CHALLENGES. Even if you are thinking, "It doesn't matter, they'll get back", the people that win the immune challenges get to decide.

-4 Frank Zappa/The Mothers of Invention
-3 Ramones
-2 Pink Floyd
-1 David Bowie

And save The Beatles!!!

Joy Division (-4)
Kraftwerk (-3)
Roxy Music (-2)
The Doors (-1)

Listyguy
Tweo things:
1. NEW RULE- No changing your vote. That is a real low blow, even if this game is about strategy.
2. I foyu want to keep you favorite artists in this game, DO THE IMMUNITYT CHALLENGES. Even if you are thinking, "It doesn't matter, they'll get back", the people that win the immune challenges get to decide.

Sorry about that, Listguy. You do not have to change my vote. I understand :) A week or two ago, someone mentioned that they were considering changing their vote. I didn't realize this was frowned upon! Didn't mean to cause a new low!

This week's vote is now over.
Oh yeah, sorry about the delay, I was out partying with my girlfriend.
Nah, I just forgot.