Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
AM Survivor: Round 1, Week 2

Here’s who won’t be back:
101. AC/DC (19 points) Farewell statement by Bon Scott: “Wheure aiam I?”
100. John Lennon (17) “Who let Chapman vote?”
99. The Police (17) Sting speaking: “Sure, NOW they get that damn message in a bottle!”
98. Guns ‘N Roses (14) Axl Roses speaking: “Where do we go now? And why is everyone in this band but me in their 20’s?”
97. The Cure (12) “Slick, sorry, you can’t blame the VU this time.”

Let’s see who should be counting themselves out: Black Sabbath (10), Cream (10), Pet Shop Boys (8)

Now, let the games begin! We are down to 96 artists. Here, please post four artists want you off the “Island” out of the remaining artists. Please see the Rules Thread for the complete set of rules. Remember that one artist get 4 points, the next gets 3, and so on.

BillAdama won the Immunity Challenge last week, so The Velvet Underground and The White Stripes are immune this week.

The Remaining Artists:
Arcade Fire, The Band, The Beach Boys, Beastie Boys, The Beatles, Beck, Chuck Berry, Big Star, Björk, Black Sabbath, Blur, David Bowie, James Brown, The Byrds, Johnny Cash, Nick Cave, Ray Charles, The Clash, Leonard Cohen, John Coltrane, Sam Cooke, Elvis Costello, Cream, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Miles Davis, The Doors, Nick Drake, Bob Dylan, Brian Eno, Fleetwood Mac, Aretha Franklin, Marvin Gaye, Al Green, PJ Harvey, Jimi Hendrix, Buddy Holly & the Crickets, Michael Jackson, The Jam, Elton John, Joy Division, The Kinks, Kraftwerk, LCD Soundsystem, Led Zeppelin, Little Richard, Madonna, Bob Marley and the Wailers, Massive Attack, Curtis Mayfield, Metallica, Joni Mitchell, Van Morrison, New Order, Nirvana, Oasis, OutKast, Parliament/Funkadelic, Pavement, Pet Shop Boys, Pink Floyd, Pixies, Portishead, Elvis Presley, Primal Scream, Prince, Public Enemy, Pulp, Radiohead, Ramones, Otis Redding, Lou Reed, R.E.M., The Rolling Stones, Roxy Music, Simon and Garfunkel, Frank Sinatra, Sly and the Family Stone, The Smashing Pumpkins, Elliot Smith, Patti Smith, The Smiths, Sonic Youth, Bruce Springsteen, Steely Dan, The Stooges, Talking Heads, T. Rex, U2, The Velvet Underground, Tom Waits, The White Stripes, The Who, Wilco, Stevie Wonder, Neil Young, Frank Zappa/The Mothers of Invention

Re: AM Survivor: Week 2

-4 LCD Soundsystem
-3 T. Rex
-2 Patti Smith
-1 Cream

Re: AM Survivor: Round 1, Week 2

Listyguy

97. The Cure (12)

Damn, this island is already much less appealing.

-4 Oasis
-3 Pink Floyd
-2 The Who
-1 The Beatles

-4 Bob Marley
-3 Elton John
-2 Fleetwood Mac
-1 Madonna

How did the Cure finish so low?

-4 Beastie Boys
-3 Chuck Berry
-2 CCR
-1 Al Green

-4 Black Sabbath
-3 Patti Smith
-2 Metallica
-1 LCD Soundsystem

-4 Patti Smith
-3 Roxy Music
-2 Tom Waits
-1 Big Star

Re: AM Survivor: Week 2

-4 Bjork
-3 Tom Waits
-2 Black Sabbath
-1 Beastie Boys

-4 Pet Shop Boys
-3 Ramones
-2 Big Star
-1 Madonna

-4 Black Sabbath
-3 Metallica
-2 Nirvana
-1 Cream

The Cure had 8 points going into yesterday, but Toni's last minute vote ended the,m.

-4 Metallica
-3 Primal Scream
-2 Pet Shop Boys
-1 Madonna

-4 Bob Dylan
-3 Van Morrisson
-2 The Band
-1 Fleetwood Mac

-4 The Doors
-3 Cream
-2 Metallica
-1 Steely Dan

Same four artists, but I decided to flip #2 and #3.

The &^%$ing Cure gets bounced out right away and these 4 useless artists are still here!!! At least now I can vent my hatred somewhere else, VU has been cleared of my wrath. I hold these 4 accountable...

-4 Frank "Mutha&^%$ing" Zappa (How is this guy criticall acclaimed??? I'd rather listen to weird Al Yankovic for musical content!!!)

-3 Kraftwerk (Considering I like every band they've influenced, they have a place. But I hate their music, I would rather listen to cheesy 80's hair band like Winger and Ugly Kid Joe!!!)

-2 Leonard Cohen (I tried to get into his music but he just bores and annoys like a girlfriend who is always whining and crying about $hit!!!)

-1 The Band (The fact that they are still in and The Cure is gone is blasphemy, It's like saying Lindsay Lohan is a better human being that Mother Theresa!!!)

Can anyone tell I'm a little bitter today.

-4 Nick Cave
-3 Elliott Smith
-2 Leonard Cohen
-1 Little Richard

Listyguy
The Cure had 8 points going into yesterday, but Toni's last minute vote ended the,m.

-4 Metallica
-3 Primal Scream
-2 Pet Shop Boys
-1 Madonna

Strange, for some reason I would have thought you'd be a fan of Metallica.

-4 The Smiths
-3 Marvin Gaye
-2 Sonic Youth
-1 Madonna

-4 U2
-3 Pet Shop Boys
-2 Cream
-1 Massive Attack

-4 U2
-3 Frank Sinatra
-2 Pet Shop Boys
-1 Radiohead

-4 LCD Soundsystem
-3 The Band
-2 Cream
-1 Big Star

Black Sabbath (-4)
Primal Scream (-3)
Joy Division (-2)
Joni Mitchell (-1)

hmmm...I will try to resist the temptation to vote for the same list two weeks in a row...you know, spread the anti-love around.

-4 Zappa
-3 The Smashing Pumpkins
-2 Blur
-1 Sonic Youth

Nick
Strange, for some reason I would have thought you'd be a fan of Metallica.

I like a couple of thier songs, but they've got too much distortion. It ruins most of their songs.

Also, after reading Slick's hilarious comments, combined with my curiousity, I have decided to mandate comments starting next week.

Slick

-4 Frank "Mutha&^%$ing" Zappa (How is this guy criticall acclaimed??? I'd rather listen to weird Al Yankovic for musical content!!!)

Have you heard the album Hot Rats? If Weird Al could produce a masterpiece like "Peaches En Regalia," then maybe I should pick up some of his albums.

Also, do the voters actually like Elton John, or are they merely unaware he is one of the options?

Jackson
Also, do the voters actually like Elton John, or are they merely unaware he is one of the options?

We like him,how can anyone not like this:

Jackson
Slick

Have you heard the album Hot Rats? If Weird Al could produce a masterpiece like "Peaches En Regalia," then maybe I should pick up some of his albums.

Good point. Elton will get my bullets soon.

Elton's one of my favorites.
My friend just sent me an email saying "You Found Me" by the Fray is one of the best songs ever. I don't have time to look for a smiley face throwing up, so i'll just say it instead.

4 - Metallica
3 - Beastie Boys
2 - Public Enemy
1 - Nick Cave

Voting is now closed for the week.