Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com

The Old Acclaimed Music Forum

Go to the NEW FORUM

Music, music, music...
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
AM Survivor: Immunity Thread

Welcome to the Immunity Thread. Here, I will post the questions of each week’s immune “challenge”. If you think you have the right answer or just want to guess, please email me your answer and list whom you want to get immunization. For week 1’s immunity, please list the 7 you want to be immune (must be in the top 100 for week 1), in case your first 5 get voted out through the loophole. For every other week of round 1, please list the 6 you would want immune, in case your first 4 get eliminated that week. For round 2 immunization, please list the top 4 you would want immune, in case your first 3 options get eliminated. Feel free to ask questions here, but DO NOT post the answers. You will have 5 days (Until Thursday) to answer the question. If no one guesses correctly in that time, yours truly will choose the immunes.
My email is Listyguy@gmail.com.
Please see the Rules Thread for the complete set of rules.

Re: AM Survivor: Immunity Thread

Here's Week 1's challenge: Unscamble these words

RESHEP

YOTRSE

NYRIUJ

SYBUAW

It would be helpful if you posted a message here when the immunity question has been successfully answered

Larry
It would be helpful if you posted a message here when the immunity question has been successfully answered

I could, but then anyone who emailed me recently would know they won. I like keeping everyone on edge.

Listyguy
Larry

I could, but then anyone who emailed me recently would know they won. I like keeping everyone on edge.

Umm...that's kind of bizarre. We're all friends here.

The previous Survivor did occasionally result in people getting upset and near-flame wars, which I sincerely hope does not happen again...but I think making the process mysterious and arbitrary might be inviting trouble. I have no interest in telling you how to run your game, listyguy, but...be careful.

schleuse

The previous Survivor did occasionally result in people getting upset and near-flame wars, which I sincerely hope does not happen again...but I think making the process mysterious and arbitrary might be inviting trouble. I have no interest in telling you how to run your game, listyguy, but...be careful.

Ok, I will announce when the challenge has been completed, which it has this week, but I have to ask: How did survivor result is "near flame wars"? that seems a little extreme.

Listyguy
schleuse

Ok, I will announce when the challenge has been completed, which it has this week, but I have to ask: How did survivor result is "near flame wars"? that seems a little extreme.

Well, much of it had to do with some of the personalities who were on the forum at the time. But yes, it did get extreme.

I think most people are even more emotionally attached to their favorite artists than to their favorite albums or songs. In something like Survivor, emotions sometimes ran high when X voted off Y’s favorite band, with a snarky comment which, calculated or not, got under Y’s skin. (I do not exclude myself here.)

Listyguy

RESHEP

Herpes ??? really ?

Nassim
Listyguy

RESHEP

Herpes ??? really ?

When I came up with the puzzle, I didn't realize there were two answers for that one. The word I had beem looking for was "sphere", and then I read Moonbeam's answers and I'm like, "That works?".

Here's the answers to Week 1:
RESHEP = Sphere (or Herpes, as Moonbeam and Nj pointed out)
YOTRSE = Oyster
NYRIUJ = Injury
SYBUAW = Subway

Now here's Week 2's question:
5!-27(-3x3)

Three people have sent me the answer this week (all correct), but not one of them remebered to list the artists they want immune. Let me remind everyone:
For round 1 inmmunity, whe you email me you answer, please include the four artists you would want immune (in case the first 2 get eliminated)

Week 3's Challenge

Last week's answer was 363. I was surrprised how many people knew what a factorial was.
Here's the new challenge:
In Cheap Trick's "Surrender", who are the 6 people that are "All Right"?
Hint: "We're all" does not count.

Re: Week 3's Challenge

Factorials are a pretty well known concept. Anyone who got to the pre-calculus level probably did some kind of combinatorics.

You want to throw off math people, use obscure integrals or discrete math stuff!

Week 4's Challenge

Sorry I forgot about this yesterday night. Last week answer was Mommy, Daddy, Tommy, Bunny, Rick and Robin. Mommy and Daddy can be heard throughout the song, but as it fading away, they use the other four, the members of the band.
Week 4's chalenge: What was the first Beatles song over 3 minutes long.

I also have week 9's challenge: Predict which team will win the world series. You have until the playoffs start (oct. 6) to submit your pick for this. If any team is not choosen, I will assume responability for them.

If you are participating in both challenges, please send me 2 emails. please included the 7 artist you would like immune for week 4, in case your first 5 choices are eliminated this week.

Re: Week 4's Challenge

Listyguy

I also have week 9's challenge: Predict which team will win the world series. You have until the playoffs start (oct. 6) to submit your pick for this. If any team is not choosen, I will assume responability for them.

What is "World series" ?

It's north american baseball championship!
don't ask me why it is called "world" when clubs from only 2 countries are playing, especially given that Japan and Cuba have good teams too...

Nassim
It's north american baseball championship!

Thanks.
I propose for the next tournament to give the name of the champion of the Brive-La-Gaillarde Pétanque tournament !
Seriously, listyguy, can you ask questions where people have same chance to respond, thanks.

Sorry, I'll give the choices for the world series winner:
Tampa Bay Rays
New York Yankees
Minnesota Twins
Texas Rangers
Atlanta Braves
Philadelphia Phillies
Cincinati Reds
San Fransisco Giants

Remeber you must be the first to pick your choice to be eligable to win the challenge. And I will make all questions universal from here on out.

Schwah picked the Phillies to win, and therefore I have rights to the other 7.
I hate the Phillies, and the Yankees, so I'm glad Schwah picked one of the too.
Let's Go Rays!

Week 5's Challenge

Last week's answer was "When the Saints Go Marching In"

Now, for week 5:
Record labels Stax/Volt and Motown used "House Bands" in their song such as "I Heard it Through The Grapevine" and ""My Girl"
What were the bands?

Week 6's Challenge

For week 5: Motown had the Funk Brothers, and Stax/votl had Booker T and the MG's/

Week 6: What is BB King's guitar named?

Remember Bob Dylan got eliminated this week. think about who you want to be immune deep down.

Re: Week 6's Challenge

Last week's amswer: Lucille is his guitar's name.

Here's this week's question: What country "invented" pasta? (Time fo rsome history!)

Re: Week 6's Challenge

La respuesta de semana siete: China

Week 8's challaenge: A word puzzle. Try to figure out what the words are depicting.

Give Get
Give Get
Give Get
Give Get

Re: Week 9's Challenge

Last week's answer was Fogive and Forget. (There were 4 "give" and 4 "get")

I already won week 9's challenges, thanks to the Giants.

There was no answer this week, but the question for week 10 can't be answered on Wikipedia: What is my favorite song?

To recap, my favorite song is Sweet Child O Mine,a nd the song ranked 477 on RS's original list is Super Freak.

So, this week, tell me what this world puzzle is:
MoMANon

Last week's Answer: Man in the Moon
This Week's Question: What do these numbers have in common: 11, 565, 878, 4994, 2002?

Lst Week's answer: all the numvers were palindromes(read the same forwards and backwards)
This week's challenge: Who is the guest Guitarist on Michael Jackson's "Beat It"?

Round 2

You now only need to nominate 4 imunees, and remeber only 1 will be immune in this round.

Last week's answer: Eddie Van Halen
This week's question: What is a squared plus b squared equals c squared also know as?

Re: Round 2

Last week's answer was Pythagorean thoerum.
This week's question: What two roles did Michael J Fox have in Back to the Future part 3?

Last week's answer: Marty & Shamus McFly

This week's question: What instrument does Bootsy Collins play and what 2 (3, techniaclly) Am ranked groups was he in?

I'll post a new question in the morning.
However, last week's question provoked some interesting answers. The answer I was looking for was Parliament, Funkadelic and Dee-lite*. Bootsy's Rubber Band is not Am Ranked. However, Bootsy also did work with James Brown. So there were technically four answers that were good.

* Bootsy contirbuted vocals to "Groove is in the Heart", but the bassline is a Herbie Hancock sample.

What is the highest 4 digit number in which the first digit is one quater the third digit, the second digit is three times the first digit and the third and fourth digits are identical?

Week 5's answer was 2688

Now for week 6: Jim was ran into his father-in-law's only daughter's mother-in-law. What did he call her?

Listyguy
Week 5's answer was 2688

Now for week 6: Jim was ran into his father-in-law's only daughter's mother-in-law. What did he call her?

Mom.

Jonathon
Listyguy
Week 5's answer was 2688

NO! NO! Email me your answer with the artist(s) you want to be immune!
Please delete you answer from this page!!!

Listyguy
Jonathon
Listyguy
Week 5's answer was 2688

NO! NO! Email me your answer with the artist(s) you want to be immune!
Please delete you answer from this page!!!

Too late...sorry... won't let me edit.

Well, being you gave me the answer before anyone emailed it to me, you won the immunity challenge for next week. Email me who you would like to be immune.

We've already established week 6's answer, so here' the question for week 7:
What's my favorite album? (I will accept one of two answers.)

last week's answer was Led Zeppelin IV (I would have accepted Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs as an answer as well)

Now, for week 8: I have 50 coins, adding up to 1.00
I drop one. What (Kind of coin) is it most likely to be?

Last week's answer: A penny

Now, for the final immunity question (I saved the best, and hardest, for last): Solve this anagram, which I made 5 months ago:
Hi, I root a can fell
(Please note that anagrams are phrases that can be unscrambled to form other sentences. This one is a two word song. The current sentence is not intended to make any sense.)

Last weeks answer was "Hotel California".
And that's it from this thread.
We're two rounds in and down to 22 after this week.